- An Ideal Combination ItineraryBenefit from our seamless coordination to experience the Amazon rain forest and the archaeological wonders of Machu Picchu on a single adventure
- Private Cruise to the Amazon HeadwatersSearch for jungle wildlife from a small luxury ship designed for exploring this legendary river of adventure, with naturalist-guided excursions ashore
- A Personalized Tour of Machu PicchuThere’s no hiding that Machu Picchu can be crowded, but with our small group and expert guide, you’ll have an in-depth and insightful private encounter
Machu Picchu & the Amazon Together—the Perfect Peru Combo
- A Small Group Means More Meaningful Nature and Cultural Encounters
We take a maximum of just 12 guests. That’s a big contrast to larger bus tours that visit Machu Picchu, or ships that carry 100 or more passengers on lower stretches of the Amazon River. You’ll have plenty of time for one-on-one conversations with our Expedition Leader. Observe wildlife in silence and seclusion. And enjoy intimate visits with the local ribereños who live in riverside villages.
- Cruise Aboard One of Best Small Luxury Vessels on the Amazon
Comfort in the remote and steamy reaches of the Amazon is important, and that’s why we sail aboard one of the newest and finest vessels on the river. The 135-foot Delfin II is the perfect size for nature exploration, carrying just 30 guests in 14 air-conditioned suites, plus a full complement of staff and crew.
- We Travel Farther…All the Way to the Amazon Headwaters
Many Amazon cruise options exist, and they vary widely. Our focus is on the best wildlife regions, so we head far upriver to the confluence of two major tributaries, the Ucayali and the Marañon, at the headwaters of the world’s greatest water artery. By skiff and on foot, we explore the WWF-supported Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, which encompasses the headwaters region, to search for abundant wildlife. You won’t find a more remote
- Distinctive Luxury Accommodations
From a grand colonial-style hotel in Cusco ranked by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the top hotels in South America to a charming private bungalow at the base of Machu Picchu surrounded by orchid gardens, our accommodations are anything but standard. Each property is carefully selected to enhance your authentic experience of Peru.
- Our Expedition Leader Is with You the Entire Way
Our professional naturalist Expedition Leader is with you from the start of your adventure to the final day, ensuring personalized attention to every detail. You'll gain a wealth of information, compared to travelers who must rely only on hit-or-miss local guides. Nat Hab Expedition Leaders average 15 years of guiding experience and receive further training and resources from WWF’s top scientists. Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Peru Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us very proud!