Effective Date: December 12, 2023
If you are a California resident, please also refer to the California Privacy Notice.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, please also refer to the Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect and use two types of information: personal information you directly provide to us, and information you indirectly provide to us when you access and interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you request a reservation or a brochure, create an account, go on one of our trips, participate in any interactive features of the Services (like send a message through the Services), fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, government identification information (like passport information when you make a reservation), health data and medical conditions (e.g., allergies, accessibility requirements and dietary restrictions/preferences) and any other information you choose to provide. We may collect information from you offline, such as when you speak on the phone with one of our adventure specialists or interact or transact with us in person at an event or during one of our trips. We may also collect professional and employment-related information about you if you apply for a job with us.
Information Collected Through Our Services
When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information. Information about your use of the Services, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers.
- Transactional Information. Information about the transaction, such as reservation details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Log Information. Information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information. Information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, Media Access Control (MAC) address, screen resolution, language, and mobile network information. We use this information to ensure that our Services function properly.
- Location Information. The approximate location of your device from your IP address.
Cookies & Similar Tracking Technologies
We (and our service providers) may use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that we may use for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical information about use of our Services in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used, and assist us with resolving questions about them. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, track your actions on our Services and communications, compile statistics about the use and response rates of our Services and communications, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we collect information about you from third parties, including from address and email address services as well as through participation in co-op marketing platforms (such as those hosted by Epsilon Data Management, LLC). When you make a reservation for an expedition with one of our co-branded partners (such as World Wildlife Fund), we collect information about you that you provide to these partners.
USE & SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may, subject to applicable law, use any of the information we collect from you:
- to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information and perform our services—e.g., respond to your inquiries; process and fulfill your requests and transactions (such as to process your payment, personalize your experience, provide you with documents needed for your trip, and communication with you about your trip); provide you with customer service; send you administrative information (such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies) and technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and allow you to share content from the Services via our share feature.
- to provide you with marketing materials—e.g., send you marketing communications about products, services, and events offered by us and our affiliates, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (refer to Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- to provide you with personalized services—e.g., personalize your use of our Services, such as providing you with content and offers we believe may be of interest to you;
- to accomplish our business purposes—
- for research and data analysis, e.g., to develop and improve the efficiency of our Services;
- to perform auditing functions, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring and prevention, e.g., to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- for debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- for providing customer support, e.g., to investigate and address customer concerns and monitor and improve our responses and customer service;
- for developing new products and services;
- for identifying usage trends, e.g., understanding which parts of the Services are of most interest to users;
- for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and auditing your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users;
- for protection of the rights, property and safety of us, our customers or others, as necessary or appropriate;
- for responding to governmental authorities, including law enforcement requests, and as required by applicable law, court order, or regulations;
- for certain limited internal uses, provided the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction; and
- for operating and expanding our business activities;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information or subsequently agreed to by you.
We may, subject to applicable law or your consent when required, share information with:
- our parent, affiliates and subsidiaries (including Lindblad Expeditions LLC, DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co., Classic Journeys LLC and Off the Beaten Path LLC) in an effort to bring improved products and services across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us such as marketing and market research, promotions management, data analysis, payment processing, customer service, mail/email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- our co-branded partners (e.g., World Wildlife Fund, Inc.), booking partners, travel agents, tour and meal service providers, and others involved in your booking and accommodations;
- governmental authorities or other entities as required by law or regulation;
- other users of the Services, if you post content in a publicly-accessible area of the Services, such as when you submit information, photos/videos, or other content that may be viewed by other users of the Services or the general public, or when you send a message through the Services; and
- others authorized by you to receive the information
Please note that your personal information may also be shared outside of Nat Hab (and its affiliates) in connection with a sale, divestiture, or transfer of our company or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or affiliates. Your personal information may be among the items sold or otherwise acquired in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, or similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
We may use your information for any purpose or share it with any third party if we anonymize the information so that it no longer reasonably identifies you. Anonymization requires altering your information, so re-identification requires use of only non-public sources. Wherever possible, we require third party service provider use of the information to be anonymized or protected in accordance with our information security policies. We limit who we share your information with and the legitimate business purposes for which it can be used.
We may keep the information we collect until we no longer need the information to provide services to you or complete our transaction with you, to enable us to communicate with you about our service, for our research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, for our analysis to improve quality of our services, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations.
ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We also work with Epsilon Data Management, LLC, which creates products and services to help organizations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers, communicate with them more effectively, and find others like them across a range of marketing channels. This may mean that you receive advertising that is more relevant to you via direct mail and email. You can learn more at https://us.epsilon.com/consumer-information. (Refer to Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of this data sharing at any time);
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features (such as a button allowing you to “tweet” a link to one of our videos through your Twitter account) and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
TEXT MESSAGING POLICY
We process personal information about minors to provide products and services when they are guests on one of our trips, but do not seek to collect personal information about minors for any other purpose. Our Services are not targeted at, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18. If we have reason to believe that information is being provided by a person under the age of 18, we will not collect the information. If you believe that we have collected information from a person under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. & OTHER COUNTRIES
Nat Hab is based in the United States, and we process and store information in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. If you are in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses or as otherwise authorized or permitted under EU law.
You have certain choices about the information we collect, use or share. To exercise any of your rights described below, please email us or send us a letter at any time at the address provided at the end of this notice (see “Contact Us”).
- You may see what data we have about you, if any.
- You may change or correct any data we have about you.
- You may instruct us to delete any data we have about you that is not required for the purposes described in this notice.
- You may express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Nat Hab by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. If you prefer that we discontinue sharing your personal information on a going-forward basis with our marketing partners (e.g., Epsilon Data Management) and/or with our affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. If you are a California resident, please refer to the California Privacy Notice for additional privacy disclosures.
- Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.
- Residents of the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland may have additional personal information rights and choices. If you reside in Europe, please also refer to the Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have implemented commercially appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures and information security policies to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, or alteration. We limit access to personal information to individuals who have a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. Wherever possible, we require our third-party service providers to protect your information in accordance with our information security policies.
We use no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of our website and mobile application, but use encryption on portions where you are transmitting sensitive information as described above. When you are on any website that asks you for confidential or personal information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also have processes and procedures designed to protect your information offline. Our policy is to grant access to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service). The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in an environment that uses various administrative, physical, and technical security measures. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name and/or password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this user name and/or password confidential. We ask you not to share your user name and/or password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out personal or private information in public areas of the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
For further information, or to exercise any rights described herein, please contact us at:
Natural Habitat Adventures
PO Box 3065
Boulder, CO, 80307