Last Updated: March 10, 2021
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Social Sharing Features
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Your California Privacy Rights
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you request a booking or a catalog, create an account, go on one of our adventures, participate in any interactive features of the Services (like send a message through the Services), fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, government identification information (like passport information when you make a booking), and any other information you choose to provide. We may collect information from you offline, such as when you speak on the phone with one of our Adventure Specialists or interact with us in person at an event or on one of our adventures.
Other Information We Collect When You Use our Services
When you access or use our Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers.
- Transactional Information: When you make a booking, we collect information about the transaction, such as booking details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, Media Access Control (MAC) address, screen resolution, language, and mobile network information. We use this information to ensure that our Services function properly.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that we for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical information about use of our Services in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used, and assist us with resolving questions about them. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, track your actions on our Services and communications, compile statistics about the use and response rates of our Services and communications, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we collect information about you from third parties, including from address and email append services. When you make a booking for an adventure with one of our co-branded partners such as World Wildlife Fund, we collect information about you that you provide to these partners.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or your interest in one of our trips based on a trip you previously took.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to create and manage your booking and fulfill your trip. We also use the information we collect for legitimate business purposes, including:
- Providing our services and fulfilling your requests.
- Providing you with marketing materials.
- Analysis for providing personalized services.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- Anonymizing and/or aggregating personal information
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, such as market research, promotions management, data analysis, payment processing, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- When you book a trip with us, with travel agents, tour service providers, and others involved in your booking;
- With our partners when you make a booking on a co-branded site, e.g. World Wildlife Fund;
- With other users of the Services, if you post content in a publicly-accessible area of the Services, such as when you submit information, photos, or other content that may be viewed by other users of the Services or the general public, or when you send a message through the Services.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Natural Habitat Adventures or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Natural Habitat Adventures and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership, including Lindblad Expeditions, Off the Beaten Path and DuVine, including so they can provide you with information about their products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features (such as a button that allows you to “tweet” a link to one of our videos through your Twitter account) and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Natural Habitat Adventures is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. If you are in the European Economic Area, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under EU law. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these agreements by contacting us using the contact information below.
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We respond to your request consistent with applicable law, and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Natural Habitat Adventures by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. If you prefer that we discontinue sharing your personal information on a going-forward basis with our affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or United States federal law, commercial information, internet or electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and inferences drawn from any of the foregoing information. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see “Collection of Information” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Information” above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or United States federal law, commercial information, internet or electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and inferences drawn from any of the foregoing information.
Sale of Personal Information: Company does not, and will not, sell your identifying information, such as your name, email address, or phone number. We do share identifiers such as cookies and the advertising identifier associated with your mobile device with our advertising partners, and those partners use and share those identifiers to show you ads that are targeted to your interests. California consumers above the age of 16 have the right to opt out of these sales at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about how we sell information and to make an opt-out request.
Your Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) deletion of your personal information, and (3) to opt out of sales of your personal information, if applicable. You may make these requests by calling 1-877-877-8238 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, please contact us. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our products and Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our products and Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (1) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services); (2) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or (3) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your Data Protection Authority, please see:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm, or for Swiss residents, see https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html.
Natural Habitat Adventures
PO Box 3065
Boulder, CO USA 80207