1. Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information that you provide to us. For example:
- Through the Site: We collect information when you request a booking, a catalog, or any other information about our trips. This information may include name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. We may also collect information such as your travel preferences and interests.
- Offline: We may collect information from you offline, such as when you speak on the phone with one of our Adventure Specialists or interact with us in person at an event or on one of our trips.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Site, we automatically collect information about that activity and your browser or device including:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity
We and our service providers may collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to, among other things, track the actions of Site users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site use and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources, such as address and email append services.
2. Use of Information We Collect
We and our service providers use the information we collect for legitimate business purposes, including:
Providing our services and fulfilling your requests.
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To process and fulfill your requests and transactions, such as to process your payment, personalize your experience, provide you with documents needed for your adventure, and communicate with you about your adventure.
- To provide you with customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to share content from the Site via our share feature.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with marketing materials.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
We engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
Analysis for providing personalized services.
- To personalize your use of the Site, such as providing you with content and offers we believe may be of interest to you.
We engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Site and our services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of the Site are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Anonymizing and/or aggregating personal information
- We may anonymize and/or aggregate personal information so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
3. Disclosure of Information We Collect
We share the information we collect as follows:
- To our affiliated companies and partner organizations, so they can provide you with information about their products and services that may be of interest to you. Affiliated companies and partner organizations include but are not limited to: Lindblad Expeditions, members of the Adventure Collection, and World Wildlife Fund.
- When you book a trip with us, we will share information with the travel agents, tour service providers, and others involved in your booking.
- To our service providers that provide services to or on behalf of us, such as market research, promotions management, data analysis, payment processing, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send a message through the Site.
- By you, when you submit information, photos, or other content that may be viewed by other Site users and the general public.
We may also use and disclose your personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. In addition, we have a legitimate interest in using, disclosing, or transferring your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
4. Our Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Site and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Site and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop. If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn how to opt out of the use of information about your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising purposes, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes. We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
5. Third-Party Services
6. Choices and Access
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related email from us, you may opt out here or by following the instructions contained in each such email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
If you prefer that we discontinue sharing your personal information on a going-forward basis with our affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We respond to your request consistent with applicable law, and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
7. Retention Period
We will retain the information we collect for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (1) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Site or services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Site); (2) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or (3) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
8. Use of the Site by Children
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 who has provided personal information to us, please contact us.
9. Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Site, you understand that your personal information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a question or concern regarding the processing of your personal information, you may contact us using the Contact Information below. If we are unable to resolve your concern, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available here.
11. Contact Information
Natural Habitat Adventures
PO Box 3065
Boulder, CO 80307
Site © 2019 Natural Habitat Adventures, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
®WWF and World Wildlife Fund are WWF Registered Trademarks. ©1986 Panda Symbol WWF