Click here to learn about our special photo departures
- Track Wolves with Naturalist GuidesSpend two full days searching for wolves in Yellowstone's remote Lamar Valley—the best place on Earth to see them—with the aid of scientist researchers
- Experience Fire & Ice in YellowstoneMake the winter journey to Old Faithful in a private snowcoach and watch steaming geysers erupt in a crystalline spray against the snowy backdrop
- View Elk on a Teton Sleigh RideTravel by horse-drawn sleigh across the National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole for close-up views of the vast winter herds beneath the Teton spires
Wolves, Elk, Bison & More on One EPIC Winter Wildlife Adventure!
- A Small Group to Enhance Wildlife Observation
In a small group, we can travel in smaller vehicles with access to backroads and more remote areas. Explore with approximately 14 travelers plus two guides and an adventure assistant—or choose a special photography departure limited to 12. In a small group, we're nimble enough to move quickly to places where wolves and other wildlife have recently been spotted, and to observe without disturbing them.
- Two Expedition Leaders for the Utmost in Attention & Interpretation
Travel with two naturalist guides whose in-depth knowledge and experience mean better, closer and more inspiring encounters with natural habitats and wildlife. With two guides, we can divide the group into two vehicles, offering the utmost in personalized interpretation. And we can also split up for excursions based on physical ability and interest. You won't find a better guide-to-guest ratio!
- Exclusive Nat Hab Safari Trucks—with Pop-Top Roofs
A far cry from the typical buses most companies use, our custom adventure vehicles are designed for wildlife viewing. Nat Hab has crafted new Mercedes Sprinters into specialty North American Safari Trucks. Three double-wide pop-top roof hatches plus large side windows offer a 360-degree vantage point. Everyone gets a window seat and plenty of room for camera equipment and other gear. These vehicles make a big difference!
- Access the Heart of Yellowstone by Snowcoach
Much of Yellowstone National Park, including the Old Faithful area, is off-limits to regular vehicles in winter. But you won't miss out! We get you there via the park's newest state-of-the-art snowcoaches, with Bigfoot tires to reduce noise as we travel through quiet, wild habitat.
- Enjoy Coveted Stays at Secluded Yellowstone Destinations
Very few visitors have the opportunity to stay at Old Faithful Snow Lodge near Old Faithful geyser. Inaccessible by road during winter, our non-photo itineraries arrive via overland snowcoach—a trip highlight in its own right. On photo departures, you'll enjoy your own private winter cabin, complete with a bonfire pit, at the Explorer Cabins in West Yellowstone.
- Travel by Horse-Drawn Sleigh through the National Elk Refuge
The National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole protects and manages winter habitat for the nationally significant Jackson elk herd and for other big game and endangered birds. On a private horse-drawn sleigh ride, get close-up photos of the thousands of elk that winter here.
- Quality Time with Local Nature Photographers
Over the years, we've cultivated relationships with many locals, including Dan Hartman, a renowned regional naturalist and photographer who lives just outside the bounds of Yellowstone National Park in Montana. We visit Dan at the Hartman Gallery in Cooke City, with a private presentation on wildlife photography. On photo departures, Dan also joins us in the field in the Lamar Valley, where we’ll have our best chance to see wolves in their natural environment. Acclaimed for his outstanding images of wolves and other Yellowstone wildlife, Dan will share tips for capturing the best shots of these often-elusive animals.
- Your Expedition Leaders are Professional Biologists, Naturalists and Educators
Our Expedition Leaders know the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and its wildlife intimately. They're in constant contact with local wolf researchers, obtaining the most current insider knowledge of wolf locations and activity. Our guides average a decade's experience leading trips in this region, and they receive additional training and resources from WWF scientists. We're proud that our Expedition Leaders are the ones called upon to train and teach new local guides. Expedition Leaders on our photo adventures are accomplished photographers, too, and they are eager to share their expertise and help you get the best photos. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Winter Safari Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!