Traveling with Nat Hab amid COVID-19
I'm excited that so many of our guests are already making plans to join us on adventures through the rest of this year and in 2023! Our presence is needed to support the communities and destinations we visit. As you consider your own personal comfort level with traveling, I’d like to offer some reassurance around the steps we are taking to promote health and confidence on our trips:
1) Revised booking policiesYour deposit (and any insurance you purchased) is 100% transferable to another trip until your final balance is due. However, different terms apply to our Gorilla Safaris, India Tiger Safaris, Bhutan & Nepal and any Lindblad-operated trips booked through Natural Habitat Adventures. Different terms may also apply to private trips, custom trips or extensions. Check with us for specifics.
2) No more forced single supplement feesWe've gotten rid of forced single supplement fees, permanently! On all scheduled trips, if you elect for us to assign you a roommate and we cannot find a match with another suitable traveler, you will not be charged any portion of the single fee.
3) COVID-19 testing and vaccine requirementsThe most effective strategy for avoiding the spread of COVID-19 on our trips is simple—take all possible steps to prevent it from being there in the first place. Currently, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for all travelers age 18 and older is required to participate. We also strongly recommend that all eligible travelers get their COVID-19 booster shot. All travelers must test negative on a COVID-19 test administered at the start of the trip. Additionally, many countries have their own COVID-19 vaccine requirements or may require obtaining a negative COVID-19 test, signing an affidavit, or completing a governmental health form prior to departure. Please click here to see the specific requirements for your trip, and click here to review our answers to FAQs about Nat Hab's COVID-19 travel requirements.
4) The smallest groups… and getting smallerWe're already known for the smallest groups in the industry. Our compact group size naturally limits the number of people you're in contact with, and we have further reduced the number of travelers on many departures to enhance distancing between individuals.
5) Remote destinations away from crowdsFar-flung wild places have been our specialty since I founded Nat Hab in 1985. We've always known the best adventures happen where wildlife is our nearest neighbor. And now we’re adjusting our itineraries to spend even more time in secluded locations away from other travelers.
6) Enhanced protection and sanitationFollowing guidelines from the WHO, CDC, and local authorities, we have developed some of the most rigorous on-trip protocols in the industry to enhance traveler safety. To increase the safety of our guests and staff in the field, we have temporarily re-instated our policy of requiring face coverings when indoors in communal areas and any time guests are in vehicles or other enclosed spaces. For up-to-date details on our additional protocols, click here.
7) Creativity at mealtimesWhen weather permits, we have been eating as many meals as possible outside—not only is it safer than being indoors, it gives us more time in the beauty of nature! When a picnic is not an option, we do look for restaurants that offer the recommended spacing between diners.
8) Make It PrivateOur Make It Private option allows you to enjoy any of our expertly crafted itineraries exclusively with your hand-selected group of friends or family members.
For nature enthusiasts like us, travel to wild places is never far from our minds. While some may not be ready to pack up and go just yet, it is important to have adventure, exploration and the tonic of nature to look forward to. I hope the measures listed above help bring that next trip a little closer for you!
I hope to see you out there,
Explorer, Founder, President
What our guests are saying about traveling with Nat Hab amid COVID-19:
“We felt very safe! There were hand-washing stations everywhere, and the lack of crowds made for easy social distancing. The ability to safely travel was a godsend during this time.”
— Kathleen M. | Natural Jewels of Costa Rica
“Great job creating a safe travel environment during COVID. Our Adventure Specialist provided outstanding follow-up, especially regarding our COVID test.”
— Gail P. | Natural Jewels of Costa Rica
"Nat Hab’s COVID protocols were very good and made us feel comfortable to travel at this time.”
— Margaret M. | Natural Jewels of Costa Rica
“We had no safety concerns at all. Traveling in this time of COVID never felt safer.”
— Mary C. | Kingdom of the Monarchs
“Your staff answered every question I had about COVID safety protocols. They were so patient with me as I was nervous to fly to Mexico during COVID, but everything turned out perfectly! Our Expedition Leaders were extremely attentive; they took care of the details, big and small, and we enjoyed ourselves in a carefree way!”
— Theresa K. | Kingdom of the Monarchs
“There was no concern about safety ever...all three guides were ever alert and careful.”
— Gae B. | Kingdom of the Monarchs
“This was an absolutely safe trip—much more attention to safety and sanitization than I had expected.”
— Judith F. | Kingdom of the Monarchs
“Nat Hab went above and beyond to keep our private group safe during COVID and we really appreciated the private rooms in restaurants, etc.”
— Cynthia H. | Yellowstone Wolf and Wildlife Photo Safari
“COVID concerns were a top priority. We got safety briefings before every event. I never had any safety concerns at all.”
— Lee J. | Yellowstone: Ultimate Wolf and Wildlife Safari
“Safety was always a top priority, no concerns whatsoever. Because of our guides, everything was flawless, and we felt safe in each environment.”
— Hugh G. | Yellowstone Wolf and Wildlife Photo Safari
"I could tell a lot of thought and planning went into keeping everyone safe during COVID. The snowcoaches had good COVID shields internally.”
— Eileen M. | Yellowstone Wolf and Wildlife Photo Safari