- Snorkel the Great Barrier ReefSpend three days immersed in a pristine coral wilderness teeming with turtles, myriad fish, rays, porpoises and more—accessible directly from our private island beach
- Delve into Earth's Oldest Rain ForestExplore Daintree National Park, the emerald forest that's home to cassowaries, rat kangaroos, saltwater crocodiles and plants that have persisted since the dinosaurs
- Safari in Kakadu & the Wild Top EndOur exclusive safari camp in the Australian Outback offers luxurious seclusion and raw adventure, including airboat excursions along the bird-rich coastal floodplain
Northern Australia Is Vast and Untamed!
While Australia is hardly an unknown destination, the remote north is ripe for exploration. Our journey into Kakadu National Park, the Daintree Rain Forest and Great Barrier Reef is crafted for the
wildest possible encounters. Join us on this distinctly Nat Hab-style expedition that's sure to spark your curiosity amid distinctive wildlife, rugged coastlines and rain forests, and the most secluded immersion in the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem. Here's more about what makes our northern Australia adventure stand apart:
- An All-Encompassing Northern Australia Adventure
This isn't your typical Australia tour. Experience the unharnessed landscapes of Australia's far north, enjoying refined creature comforts, yet never straying far from wilderness. We explore three contrasting ecosystems on this in-depth nature immersion: Kakadu's gorges, savanna woodlands and marshy lowlands. The most remote depths of the 165-million-year-old Daintree Rain Forest. And the undersea world of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Exclusive Lodging Immerses You in Australia's Wildest Places
Experience Nat Hab's signature brand of luxury as we stay in comfort surrounded by epic landscapes and unique wildlife. Plumb the wild bushland of Kakadu from our exclusive Outback safari camp, sleep in seclusion in a far-removed corner of Daintree, and snorkel off the beach just steps from your deck at our secluded island lodge, located directly on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Our Expertise Grants You Access to Rare Experiences
Australia's wild Top End—the northern tier of the Northern Territory—is immense, and its star attractions are hard to reach. Frankly, it's tough terrain to navigate on your own. But we've linked it up on a seamless itinerary uniting exceptional natural diversity. And through our connections, you'll be privy to locations and adventures not offered by more conventional companies.
- A Distinct Nature Focus with Aboriginal Perspective
Nature is the primary force sculpting northern Australia's vast landscapes, but humans have been at home here for millennia. From savanna to swamp to melaleuca forest, this is Aboriginal homeland. Through cultural encounters, we witness how local people are bringing the wisdom of traditional sustainable living and land management to Kakadu and Daintree national parks.
- Explore with Just 12 Travelers...and TWO Expedition Leaders
In a small group, we can seek out more remote nature highlights and stay in intimate lodges, surrounded by nature and close to wildlife. With fewer people, you get a deeper, more peaceful nature experience. And with two guides for just 12 guests, you get the exceptional attention you deserve.
- Maximize Your Time in Nature with Flights Between Destinations
Australia is a huge country. That's why we fly between many of our itinerary highlights. Less time on the highway maximizes time in the wild among the landscapes and wildlife you came so far to see. Compare closely: Many companies offer longer itineraries that don’t spend near as much time in nature.
- The World’s Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures has a well-deserved global reputation for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our Expedition Leaders have years of experience and training, including resources from WWF's top scientists. You won’t find more knowledgeable—or more personable—guides than those who work with us. Our philosophy is simple: a nature adventure is only as good as the guide who leads it, so we provide the very best! Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Australia Adventure
Natural Habitat Adventures is proud to offer our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!