- Explore the Great Barrier Reef in Remote SeclusionDiscover a pristine coral wilderness teeming with fish, turtles, manta rays and more—accessible directly from the beach at the sole ecolodge on our fly-in island
- Delve into the Daintree, Earth's Oldest Rain ForestExplore Daintree National Park, the tropical forest home to saltwater crocodiles and plants that have persisted since the dinosaurs
- Fly-In Bush Immersion in Kakadu National ParkAccess the Kakadu wilderness by private chartered flight, cruise the East Alligator River with an Aboriginal guide, and view some of the world's oldest rock art
A Wild Encounter with Australia's Vast, Untamed North
While Australia is hardly an unknown destination, the remote north is ripe for exploration. Our journey into Kakadu National Park, the Daintree Rain Forest and Great Barrier Reef is crafted for the
wildest possible encounters. Join us on this distinctly Nat Hab-style expedition that's sure to spark your curiosity amid unique wildlife, pristine rain forests, vast floodplains, and a secluded immersion in the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem. Here's what makes our trip to Australia's upper reaches stand apart:
- An All-Encompassing Northern Australia Adventure
This isn't your typical Australia tour. Experience the unharnessed landscapes of Australia's far north, enjoying refined comforts yet never straying far from wilderness. We explore three contrasting ecosystems on this in-depth nature immersion: Kakadu's gorges, savanna woodlands and marshy lowlands; the remote depths of the 165-million-year-old Daintree Rainforest; and the undersea world of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Exclusive Lodgings Immerse You in Australia's Wildest Places
Experience Nat Hab's signature brand of luxury as we stay in comfort surrounded by epic landscapes and unique wildlife. Plumb the wild bushland of Kakadu from our exclusive Outback safari camp, sleep in seclusion in a far-removed corner of Daintree, and snorkel off the beach just steps from our fly-in island lodge located directly on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Our Expertise Grants You Access to Rare Experiences
Australia's wild Top End—the northern tier of the Northern Territory—is immense, and its star attractions are hard to reach. Frankly, it's tough terrain to navigate on your own. But we've linked it up on a seamless itinerary uniting exceptional natural diversity. And through our connections, you'll be privy to locations and adventures not offered by more conventional companies.
- A Distinct Nature Focus with Aboriginal Perspective
Nature is the primary force sculpting northern Australia's vast landscapes, but humans have been at home here for millennia. From savanna to swamp to melaleuca forest, this is Aboriginal homeland. Through cultural encounters, including a boat trip with an Aboriginal-owned and operated ecotourism enterprise, we witness how local people are bringing the wisdom of traditional sustainable living and land management to Kakadu and Daintree national parks.
- A Fly-In Adventure in Kakadu National Park
Rather than subject you to a 6-hour roundtrip overland journey on some of Australia's most rugged roads, we charter a private plane to take you into the heart of Kakadu National Park where we spend a day immersed in Aboriginal culture on a cruise up the East Alligator River and at Ubirr, the globally renowned prehistoric rock art site that has earned the park World Heritage status for culture as well as nature.
- Explore with Just 12 Travelers
In a small group, we can seek out more remote nature highlights and stay in intimate lodges, surrounded by nature and close to wildlife. With fewer people, you get a deeper, more peaceful nature experience. And with local guides supporting our Expedition Leader throughout, you get the exceptional attention and interpretation you deserve.
- Maximize Your Time in Nature with Flights Between Destinations
Australia is a huge country. That's why we fly between many of our itinerary highlights. Less time on the highway maximizes time in the wild among the landscapes and wildlife you came so far to see. Compare closely: Many companies offer longer itineraries that don’t spend near as much time in nature.
- The World’s Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures has a well-deserved global reputation for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our Expedition Leaders have years of experience and training, including resources from WWF's top scientists. You won’t find more knowledgeable—or more personable—guides than those who work with us. Our philosophy is simple: a nature adventure is only as good as the guide who leads it, so we provide the very best! Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Australia Adventure
Natural Habitat Adventures is proud to offer our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!