Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- Quiet Season in the Maasai MaraAway from crowds, scout for the Big Five including abundant lions, and watch great herds of game roam the wildest sectors of Kenya's most famous reserve
- Endangered Rhinos on a Private ReserveSee black and white rhinos and other rare species on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a global conservation leader on the Laikipia Plateau
- Private Mobile Camps Enhance SolitudeEnjoy peace of mind and spirit on a classic safari designed to enhance seclusion while recreating the romantic ambience of an earlier era
Discover the Wonders of Kenya...in Exceptional Solitude
At a time when travelers are seeking meaningful experiences in more intimate contexts, this safari is tailored to provide exactly that. Small groups have always been the best way to explore Africa, and Kenya during the vibrant green season offers an even quieter encounter. Here's what you can expect:
- Private Nat Hab Safari Camps
Your accommodations at our luxury mobile camps are exclusively for Nat Hab guests on this safari alone. You won't share the camps with anyone other than our small group. Because these deluxe camps are mobile, we can place them where wildlife numbers are highest...and other travelers are nowhere to be found.
- Three Flights Between Locations
We use small planes to transfer you between our camps, instead of subjecting you to long, dusty drives. This means more time on safari, doing what you came to Africa for: viewing wildlife!
- Just Six Travelers Per Safari Truck
We never fill our 4x4 safari vehicles to capacity—each will accommodate just six guests on game drives, which also means an open side seat for every traveler.
- The Beauty of the Green Season
Along the equator in Africa, seasons are defined by moisture levels. When the short rains arrive, they turn the Maasai Mara from cracked, dry savanna to verdant grasslands. This is the green season, when an abundance of water, grazing and taller grass to hide from predators makes this the perfect time for many mammals to birth their young. Migrant birds also enter the area in large numbers, adding to the flurry of resident species. Dramatic skies with shifting clouds and bursts of light breaking through, carpets of flowers on the ground, and intermittent rainfall to dispel the dust create marvelous conditions for photography.
- Extra Luggage Allowance
Most airlines and safari companies in East Africa strictly limit luggage to 33 pounds per guest, including carry-on bags. We have arranged a special luggage allowance of 44 pounds per guest, making it easier to travel comfortably without leaving behind essential items you need.
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet! In Kenya, our Safari Expedition Leaders are the most highly trained guides in East Africa, dedicated to providing exceptional personal service. With our groups from beginning to end, our Expedition Leaders average more than 15 years' experience each. Their training is further enhanced by WWF's top scientists. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures A Superior Safari Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!