Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- The Maasai Mara Away From Crowds Scout for the Big Five including abundant lions, and watch great herds of roaming game as we explore the wildest sectors of Kenya's famed Maasai Mara Reserve
- Endangered Rhinos on a Private ReserveSee black and white rhinos and other rare species on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a global conservation leader on the Laikipia Plateau
- Private Mobile Camps Enhance SolitudeEnjoy peace of mind on a classic safari meticulously designed to promote seclusion while recreating the romantic ambience of an earlier era
Discover the Wonders of Kenya...in Exceptional Solitude
At a time when travelers are seeking extra precautions to protect health and safety, we've designed this safari with those elements in mind...but truth be told, small groups and social distancing are what we've always done! That's the best way to explore Africa, although we're implementing even more protocols to keep you well away from other visitors. Take a look at what you can expect:
- Private Nat Hab Safari Camps
Your accommodations at our luxury mobile camps are exclusively for Nat Hab guests on this safari alone. You won't share the camps with anyone other than our small group. Because these deluxe camps are mobile, we can place them where wildlife numbers are highest...and other travelers are nowhere to be found.
- Three Private Chartered Flights
We've chartered small planes to transfer you between our camps. You'll go straight through security to our plane, and you'll never share it with anyone else besides the pilots. Not only does this reduce your exposure to other people, it means more time on safari, too! Since we fly between locations, rather than endure long, rugged drives, you'll spend more time doing what you came to Africa for: viewing wildlife.
- Just Four Travelers Per Safari Truck
We won't come anywhere near filling up our 4x4 safari vehicles—each will accommodate just four guests on game drives, which also means an open side seat (or two!) for every traveler.
- The Beauty of the Green Season
November brings the start of the short rains, when the Maasai Mara transforms from dry savanna to lush, verdant terrain. This is the start of the Green Season, which lasts until the end of May. The abundance of water, grazing, and taller grass to hide from predators makes this the perfect time for many mammals to have their young. Migrant birds also enter the area in large numbers, adding to the flurry of resident species. Dramatic skies with shifting clouds and bursts of light breaking through, carpets of flowers on the ground, and rainfall dispelling the dry-season dust create marvelous conditions for photographers.
- Extra Luggage Allowance
Most airlines and safari companies in East Africa strictly limit luggage to 33 pounds per guest, including carry-on bags. We have arranged a special luggage allowance of 44 pounds per guest, making it easier to travel comfortably without leaving behind essential items you need.
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet! In Kenya, our Safari Expedition Leaders are the most highly trained guides in East Africa, dedicated to providing exceptional personal service. With our groups from beginning to end, our Expedition Leaders average more than 15 years' experience each. Their training is further enhanced by WWF's top scientists. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures A Superior Safari Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!