Book With Confidence!
- Capture Stunning Images of Iconic WildlifeThe Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem abounds with elk, bison, bighorn sheep, coyote and more—get dramatic shots against winter’s snowy backdrop
- Track Wolves with Expert GuidesSpend three full days pursuing wolves in Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley, the world’s best place to seek photos of these elusive predators using digiscopes
- Shoot via Private Snowcoach & HelicopterAccess the park's interior by private snowcoach, and capture aerials of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Yellowstone Falls and Grand Prismatic Spring
Yellowstone's Ultimate Wolf & Wildlife Photography Opportunity
- The Most Immersive & Exclusive Yellowstone Photo Safari Available
Our winter photo expedition was developed in intricate detail to help you capture iconic images of this legendary region's wildlife and landscapes. Our decades of experience in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem ensure that you benefit from our local knowledge, including where the best wildlife photography opportunities lie. We get you into areas of the parks that most travelers rarely see, to facilitate the photography opportunities you covet.
- A Small Group Ensures Intimate Wildlife Encounters
Our group of no more than 12 photographers is further divided into two smaller groups aboard separate vehicles, each with an Expedition Leader, for the quietest experience of nature. Traveling in a small group also allows us to move quickly to places where wolves have most recently been spotted, and to observe them without disturbing them.
- Custom Nat Hab Safari Trucks Enhance Photography Access
As on an African safari, the quality of your adventure vehicle is key to exploring America's national parks. Nat Hab has crafted new Mercedes Sprinters into specialty North American Safari Trucks. Large side windows and three double-wide pop-top roof hatches allow for 360-degree views on the landscape and wildlife. Every traveler has a window seat plus plenty of space for your camera equipment and other gear. These exclusive vehicles make a big difference in your overall experience!
- The Best Snowcoaches for Remote Winter Access
To get deep into the remote reaches of Yellowstone's interior, which is off-limits to regular vehicles in winter, we charter special over-the-snow vehicles. These private
snowcoachesare the most comfortable and reliable winter vehicles in the park, with huge tires, big picture windows, and a high ceiling for easy access.
- Private Helicopter Tour Over Yellowstone
We charter helicopters for a thrilling aerial survey of the park, with opportunities to capture unusual images and perspectives from on high. Photograph steaming geothermal features such as Mammoth Hot Springs and colorful Grand Prismatic Spring, frozen Yellowstone Falls and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, and even bison and elk herds from above.
- Our Photographer Guides Are Also Professional Naturalists
You simply won't find a more superlative guide for your Yellowstone photography adventure. Our Expedition Leaders are professional photographers and naturalists, with in-depth knowledge of the natural history of the places we visit. Their intimate knowledge of resident wildlife is a boon as you strive to get the best photos. Our guides are in constant communication with local wolf researchers, providing the most up-to-date, inside knowledge of wolf locations and activities. Our Yellowstone Photo Pro Expedition Leaders also receive additional training and resources from WWF’s top scientists. We can proudly state that they are the guides called upon to train and teach other local guides. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- A Renowned Yellowstone Wildlife Photographer Joins Us in the Field
Drawing on our years of connections in the region, we've arranged
personaltime with one of the country's premier wolf and wildlife photographers. We'll visit the home and gallery of famed local naturalist-photographer Dan Hartman, who also joins us for an outing in the Lamar Valley where we’ll have our best chance to see wolves in their natural environment. Renowned for his images of wolves in particular, Dan is at your side to share tips for how to capture the best shots of these often-elusive animals.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Photo Tour
When you travel with Natural Habitat Adventures, you get our exclusive guarantee that states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We all care about the planet, and you can travel with us knowing that the emissions from your trip are 100 percent carbon-offset. Natural Habitat Adventures is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company, a feature that is especially critical when considering that wildlife and their habitats are under substantial threat from our planet’s warming temperatures.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!