- In-Depth Nature ExplorationGuided by expert naturalists, see geothermal wonders and abundant wildlife on a survey of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, from Jackson Hole to the Gallatin Range
- A Luxury Western LodgeExperience a wider swath of Yellowstone Country from a new lodge on a historic ranch in Montana's Big Sky—our base for savoring nature away from crowds
- Custom Safari VehiclesScout for wildlife from our custom-designed North American Safari Trucks—Mercedes Sprinters with three double-wide pop-top roof hatches and large windows
A Yellowstone Immersion…With a Twist
- Explore More of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
When travelers hear "Yellowstone," most think of the famous national park. But it's just a part of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, which covers more than 34,000 square miles in the Northern Rockies, encompassing a wealth of diversity in wildlife and geologic wonders. You'll not only visit coveted sights in Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks, but less-traveled sectors, too, including the wildlife-rich Lamar Valley, scenic Gallatin Canyon, and Big Sky.
- A Rare Intimate Experience of Yellowstone Country
Traveling in a small group, we have more flexibility, a lighter impact and a more authentic nature experience. We beat the crowds by rising early to see wildlife at sunrise, we access more remote spots big buses can’t reach, and we spend two nights outside the park to capitalize on wild grandeur in a quieter setting.
- Stay Outside the Park at a Luxury Lodge on a Historic Ranch
Spend two nights away from crowds at a deluxe western lodge on the Gallatin River outside park bounds in Big Sky, a less-visited part of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Enjoy an atmosphere of “rustic elegance,” gourmet dining, s'mores under the stars, and learn about the property's history dating to Montana’s pioneer days. You won't find this on a conventional itinerary!
- Travel with Just 14 Guests & Two Expedition Leaders
We limit our group to 14, divided further into two separate vehicles so everyone has an unobstructed view of landscapes and wildlife. You’re accompanied by two naturalist Expedition Leaders—one in each vehicle—for a guide-to-guest ratio that allows us to offer activities of varying physical ability levels, and ensures personalized service and interpretation
- Exclusive Nat Hab Safari Trucks—Custom Pop-Top Roofs Enhance Viewing
As on an African safari, the quality of your adventure vehicle is key when it comes to exploring these national parks. A far cry from big buses most tour companies use, Nat Hab has crafted new Mercedes Sprinters into specialty North American Safari Trucks. Three double-wide pop-top roof hatches plus large side windows allow for 360-degree views of the landscape and wildlife. Every guest has a window seat and plenty of room for camera equipment and other gear. These vehicles make a big difference in your overall experience!
- Expert Naturalist Guides Enrich Your Experience
Our Expedition Leaders know the Greater Yellowstone region like few others. With years of guiding and natural history education experience, these professional naturalists have in-depth knowledge of geology, biology and wildlife, including where and when to be in the right places to see animals. We can't emphasize enough how much this expertise matters to your overall experience. Our guides are also in constant communication with local wolf researchers, giving our groups the most up-to-date, inside knowledge of wolf locations and activity. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Personalized Visit with a Local Naturalist Photographer
We have arranged a special opportunity to meet and visit with Dan Hartman, one of the Yellowstone area’s most famous wildlife photographers, whose work has been featured in National Geographic. His wolf images are renowned, and he is an important Yellowstone naturalist in his own right.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures an Exceptional Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!