- Experience Autumn on the Maine CoastSavor classic coastal highlights during Maine's most colorful season of the year, from a schooner sail in Penobscot Bay to a lighthouse tour and fresh lobster for dinner
- Retreat to Peaceful, Less-Visited Deer IsleStay at a historic 18th-century inn on quiet, out-of-the-way Deer Isle, and explore some of the island's dozen nature preserves and protected wild beaches
- Explore Acadia National Park by Land & SeaSurvey Acadia's granite highlands, ocean vistas and vibrant hardwood forests, including sunrise atop Cadillac Mountain and a lobster boat cruise around Mt. Desert Island
An Authentic Experience of Maritime Maine
- An In-Depth Week on the Maine Coast
If you compare New England trips, you’ll often see an itinerary that swings hurriedly through four or five states, skimming the surface of the same few destinations. In contrast, this trip provides an immersive encounter with maritime Maine at a pace that allows you to explore mindfully.
- More Private, Less-Traveled Experiences
While we don’t skip essential highlights like Acadia National Park, we’ve crafted this itinerary to share places and experiences off the standard tourist track, for a more peaceful encounter—including an overnight stay on quiet Deer Isle, home to more than a dozen nature reserves.
- The Smallest Groups—No More Than 7 Travelers Per Vehicle
Our group is capped at 14, but you’ll travel with no more than seven: that’s the maximum we take per vehicle, and each is accompanied by an Expedition Leader, for the best guide-to-guest ratio you’ll find. You can also Make It Private: select a departure just for you and your personally selected traveling companions.
- Two Expedition Leaders for the Utmost in Flexibility
Not only do two Expedition Leaders ensure the ultimate in personal service and attention, but it gives us the ability to split our group up to pursue varied activities, accommodating different interests and physical ability levels. Two guides means more choices for you!
- Expert Naturalist Guides Enhance Your Experience
Our Expedition Leaders are professional naturalists with a deep passion for the wild side of Maine. They know where and when to be in order to maximize your experience of nature over crowds. They have their own "secret" spots, too, to share, which are off the most heavily touristed tracks. And they are intimately familiar with the geology, flora, wildlife and history of Maine coast. We can't emphasize enough how much difference their expertise makes to your overall experience. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Stands Behind Your Maine Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, stating clearly that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. We think this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!