- World's Best Chance to View JaguarsAlongside expert naturalist guides, discover South America’s largest wildlife sanctuary—the best place on the planet to spot jaguars in the wild!
- See More of the Pantanal's BiodiversityExplore by boat in the north, then on 4x4 safari drives and guided walks in the south—you won’t find a more varied or comprehensive Pantanal itinerary
- Stay at a Renowned EcolodgeEnjoy an exclusive stay at Caiman Ecological Refuge, our remote and secluded base to seek out the giant anteater, tapir, ocelot and hyacinth macaw
No One Shows You the Pantanal in This Much Depth
- The Very Best Locations for Wildlife Viewing
In the Pantanal, wildlife is even more abundant than in the Amazon. We may see Brazilian tapir, capybara, giant armadillo, giant river otter, maned wolf, caiman and the top prize for most wildlife watchers, the elusive jaguar. But you can't stay just anywhere in this massive marsh and expect those rewards. An itinerary must be strategically based around the best wildlife-viewing locations, and this one won't let you down.
- More Time in the Pantanal from Multiple Perspectives
We spend seven full days at three different locations in both the north and south Pantanal to fully immerse you in this UNESCO World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve. We explore this vast mosaic of flooded marshlands, dry islands
andsavanna via multiple means, from nature walks and 4x4 drives to boat rides and canoe safaris—each mode revealing a new vantage point on the varied landscapes and their wild inhabitants.
- Private Chartered Flight from North to South—a Nat Hab Exclusive!
Getting from the northern part of the Pantanal to the south can be a challenge. But rather than subject you to what most travelers must endure—a 10-hour drive over rough roads, plus two short commercial flights in between—we charter four-passenger planes to fly directly to Caiman Ecological Refuge. It's not only a far more comfortable and efficient option, but you'll get a 360-degree aerial view that reveals the vastness of the Pantanal—a perspective few visitors get to see.
- Our Lodgings—Including Caiman Ecological Refuge—Immerse You in Nature
We choose accommodations for their superb locations where wildlife viewing is best. We spend three nights in the remote Porto Jofre region, where more jaguars are seen than anywhere else. Another highlight is Caiman Ecological Refuge, part of an acclaimed private research, conservation and ecotourism initiative. Unlike more-touristed Pantanal accommodations, this exclusive ecolodge enjoys a remote, private setting, with ever-increasing jaguar sightings.
- A Very Small Group (10 Travelers Max) Ensures Intimate Wildlife Encounters
To foster the most meaningful nature encounters, we limit our group to no more than 10 travelers. A small group also ensures that your needs and expectations are attentively met with personalized care from our Expedition Leader.
- Your Expedition Leader is a Top Professional Naturalist
Nat Hab has a well-deserved international reputation for the highest-quality Expedition Leaders. Our Brazil naturalist guides average 10 years of experience, with additional training and resources from WWF scientists. In the Pantanal, we are also joined by local guides from each lodge who are resident experts in their region's flora and fauna. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Exceptional Brazil Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!