An African Adventure for All Generations in the Fabled Maasai Mara
This classic family adventure showcases one of Africa's premier safari countries and its legendary wildlife mecca, the Maasai Mara. Here on the vast savannas that sprawl beneath blue skies and billowing white clouds, herds of wild game graze. Lion and cheetah lie in wait, finely tuned hunting machines stalking wary prey. Elephant, giraffe, zebra and gazelle roam the acacia woodlands. Kenya offers endless safari drama, and there's no greater gratification than watching a child's eyes light up with wonder at nature's primal displays. Our deluxe mobile camps and a private conservancy ensure a wilderness experience unsullied by crowds. You'll also enjoy cross-cultural connections with the region's proud tribal people, the Maasai herders, who know this land like none other and serve alongside our Expedition Leader as local guides.
- A Welcoming Family DestinationAn ideal Africa destination for families, Kenya offers myriad safari adventures that require little cross-country travel, to maximize time with wildlife and cultural discoveries
- Maximal Time with WildlifeCombine time on the famed Maasai Mara National Reserve with an adjacent private conservancy offering an exclusive opportunity for secluded wildlife encounters
- Special Family-Focused ActivitiesEnjoy fun family activities including a private tour of the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, feeding giraffes at Nairobi's Giraffe Center and visiting a village school
Why Choose Us for Your Family's Kenya Wildlife Adventure?
- Unparalleled Seclusion in Our Private Safari Camps
On the safari portion of the itinerary, enjoy exceptional privacy in our deluxe mobile camps exclusively for the use of our group. Kids can be kids, without worrying other guests who aren't part of our small group.
- Mobile Camps Allow Flexibility to Follow the Herds
Not only are our camps private, but we are able to move them within the greater Mara ecosystem based on where the wildlife is most prolific at a given time of year. Most safari companies use fixed camps or large lodges that may be quite distant from the action.
- Fly to and from the Maasai Mara
When you're traveling with kids, you want to minimize long, dusty, taxing drives. That's exactly what we do by flying to and from the Mara—which also means you get more time on safari, rather than in transit.
- Two Complementary Safari Locations Enhance Wildlife Viewing
Our carefully planned itinerary pairs two different locations in the Maasai Mara to maximize both wildlife viewing and exclusivity. We stay in the heart of the Maasai Mara National Reserve and in a private Mara conservancy adjacent to the national park where visitor numbers are strictly limited. On the private reserve, we can also take part in activities not permitted in the national reserve, such as night drives in search of nocturnal wildlife and guided bush walks for a close-up view of the bush.
- A Small Group Ensures Personal Attention
We travel with a maximum of 14 guests—enough to make for a fun, social experience for multiple generations, but small enough to facilitate quiet wildlife encounters and make sure everyone gets plenty of personal attention from our Expedition Leader and local guides.
- Child-Focused Activities Integrate Local Maasai Culture
Since this is a safari for families, we've added all kinds of activities that make sure your kids get to meet local kids and learn about Maasai customs, traditions and daily life. We're likely to visit a local school, see what a Maasai home looks like, and maybe even get in on a game of pickup soccer!
- Every Traveler—Including Kids—Gets a Window Seat
We know how important it is for enrapt young travelers to get an unimpeded on the wild creatures and natural wonders outside the safari vehicle. So we guarantee a window seat for all guests, including kids.
- The World's Best Safari Guides Create an Unforgettable Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet! In Kenya, rather than strictly using local camp guides or an inexperienced safari guide as a trip escort, you'll travel with a top-certified NHA Safari Expedition Leader. Our guides are the most highly trained in Africa, and they're dedicated to providing exceptional personal service to all generations! With you from beginning to end, our Expedition Leaders each average more than 15 years' guiding experience. Their training is further enhanced by resources from WWF’s premier scientists. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Family Safari
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We care deeply about our planet, just as you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100-percent offset—Natural Habitat Adventures is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!