BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
- Choose Your AdventuresDiscover Costa Rica on a wide range of family-friendly adventures of your choice, from river floats to chocolate-making lessons to visiting with rain forest researchers
- Raft with WildlifeRaft the Sarapiqui River and step ashore into the jungle on the banks in search of monkeys, sloths, frogs and tropical birds
- Experience Intriguing GeologyView fascinating geothermal wonders, soak in naturally heated waters, and hike atop a lava flow on a visit to the country's most famous volcano
Our Custom-Crafted Family Itinerary Stands Alone!
- Put the Kids Front and Center
On a custom family trip, children get the individual attention they deserve, and knowledgeable guides will focus on the sounds and sights in one of the world's most biodiverse habitats. Parents and grandparents, too, have plenty of personalized interaction with guides too, who are dedicated to making sure each and every family member has a fantastic experience, tailored to their individual needs and interests.
- Don’t Just Observe, Learn—at Fun, Hands-On Research Sites
Don’t just visit the rain forest—take opportunities to get alongside active scientists and conservationists for an unparalleled learning experience. Choose to spend time at La Selva and La Tirimbina, research centers that offer hands-on activities for children and educational opportunities for adults, including learning about global efforts to conserve rain forests, getting a close-up view of bat “mist nets,” and seeing how the cacao bean is transformed into locally made, organic fair-trade chocolates!
- Enjoy a Private Float Trip
Absorb the jungle’s sensory stimuli as you float downriver on a private float trip, delighting in spotting crocodiles, frogs, iguanas, monkeys, parrots, toucans, turtles and “Jesus Christ lizards” (they walk on water!) along the riverbanks. There's no comparison versus noisy large-group trips in multiple boats.
- Our Luxury Lodgings Are Authentic, Educational and Inspiring
Costa Rica is no longer an undiscovered destination for ecotourism. There are plenty of standardized hotels and resorts available, and many tour companies use them. We are not one of those. Rather than select generic hotels close to transportation hubs, we choose our first-class lodgings for their local ambience, proximity to nature and ecological commitment—enhancing your adventure immeasurably.
- Deluxe Vehicles Provide a Comfortable, Safe Ride
You won't find a better vehicle for exploring Costa Rica than those we use. Our high-end minibuses are ultra-spacious, with high ceilings, large windows, a wide aisle and ample space between well-cushioned seats. With long, tapered rear leaf springs and an independent front suspension with double wishbones and upper torsion bar, your family will enjoy the most stable — and safe — ride over Costa Rica’s sometimes-rugged roads in natural areas.
- Choose from Three Exciting Extension Options
Extend your time in this enticing country. We make it easy, by offering three varied extensions—choose what appeals to you, and leave all the details to us! Whether you’re drawn to beaches or dense jungles, we have an extension tailored to your family’s preferences. Spend some extra time kayaking, snorkeling, surfing or swimming in tranquil ocean waters, or choose a two-night trip to Tortuguero National Park, where you’ll cruise by private boat along natural canals that wind through lush jungles, in the company of monkeys, tropical birds, sea turtles and more.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Special Family Vacation
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!