- The Wilder Side of ScotlandDiscover Scottish nature and wildlife on land and sea with expert naturalist guides, visit a Scottish wildcat breeding project, and observe native reforestation
- Private Boat Trips for Wildlife WatchingView thriving seabird colonies in the Outer Hebrides, and cruise among prolific marine life, including dolphins, along the Isle of Harris and Cromarty Firth
- Remote Highland ExplorationDiscover Scotland’s western mountains, including rugged coast and broad glens where red deer browse and sea eagles soar overhead
See a Side of Scotland as Only Nat Hab Can Show You!
- Experience Scotland off the Crowded Tourist Track
Our exclusive itinerary takes you to remote places few experience, from Europe’s largest seabird rookeries to vast tracts of forest home to red deer and Scottish wildcat, plus prehistoric and Celtic sites that reveal Scotland's ancient cultural history. A private cruise off the Isle of Lewis offers encounters with marine mammals and abundant seabirds. You won't find these destinations on standard Scottish tour routes!
- Travel with a Small Group for Intimate Nature Encounters
Unlike typical coach tours, our nature adventure is limited to just 12 guests. Our small group size allows exclusive access to secluded hikes and walks, privately chartered small boats, watching wildlife without disturbing it, and true serenity in nature. With our high guide-to-guest ratio, we can tailor daily activities to travelers’ personal interests and physical ability levels, impossible to do with a larger group.
- Stay in Small, Distinctive Accommodations
Our small group size allows us to choose authentic inns noted for their history, atmosphere and special locations near small villages and close to nature. No large, impersonal chain hotels for us!
- Private Dolphin-Watching Boat Trip
Rather than share a tour boat and crowded deck space with others, we charter a boat for a private cruise on Cromarty Firth to see the world's most northerly population of bottlenose dolphins, which come in with tide-like clockwork to feed and play in this area.
- Private Wildlife Cruise Off the Isle of Lewis
Another private chartered boat excursion provides an all-day opportunity to look for abundant marine life and drink in the rugged scenery of the Outer Hebrides coastline. Weather permitting, visit the uninhabited Shiant Isles, known for their spectacular puffin colonies. Note, however, that September departures do not visit the Shiants, as the seabirds have moved on—instead, we'll cruise along the intricate coast of Harris.
- Visit the Scottish Wildcat Conservation Breeding Project
Learn about the important role of Aigas Field Center in aiding national efforts to restore the country's Scottish wildcat population. The United Kingdom's only native feline, this endangered cat is coming back from the brink of extinction. Natural Habitat Adventures' philanthropy arm also contributes financially to the project.
- The World’s Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures has a well-deserved global reputation for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our Expedition Leaders have years of experience and training, including resources from WWF's top scientists. You won’t find more knowledgeable—or more personable—guides than those who work with us. Our philosophy is simple: a nature adventure is only as good as the guide who leads it, so we provide the very best! See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Scotland Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!