- Unique Wildlife EncountersSeek out Australia's intriguing native species—Tasmanian devils, kangaroos, platypus, koalas, quolls, sea eagles, fairy penguins, echidnas, pademelon and more!
- Remote Wilderness EcolodgesAbsorb warm Australian hospitality at isolated ecolodges and private research sanctuaries, and enjoy gracious farm-to-table meals overlooking the Tasman Sea
- Southern Ocean & Six National ParksExplore southern Australia's diverse habitats on a remote adventure into the wildlife-rich reaches of Tasmania, Kangaroo Island and Cape Otway—away from crowds
Australia Is Wild!
Australia is hardly an unknown destination. Its unique wildlife, coastlines and rain forests down under are high on travelers' must-see lists. Yet we approach Australia differently: with Nat Hab, you'll have a more remote expedition, focused on untouched nature away from crowds. Our journey to Tasmania, Kangaroo Island and the southern coast is crafted for the wildest possible encounters with Australian wildlife and natural wonders, from the comfort of remote ecolodges.
- A Distinctive Nature Focus
British settlers founded Australia as a penal colony, shaping its history as an intriguing mash-up of Aboriginal and post-convict colonial culture. And while we’ll touch on those fascinating cultural elements, our focus is Australia's landscapes and wildlife, sculpted by the powerful forces of nature. From the remote edge of Kangaroo Island to the rugged mountains of Tasmania, we visit internationally protected wetlands, World Heritage Sites and local wildlife sanctuaries, exploring with conservation leaders who work to keep native environs vibrant and wild.
- Dawn and Dusk Explorations Ensure the Best Wildlife Sightings
Since most Australian species are nocturnal, we approach this adventure a bit like an African safari, maximizing our wildlife viewing opportunities around sunrise and sunset. Low light draws out the echidnas, possums, wallabies and kangaroos you want to see. And this off-peak schedule means we’ll explore popular places like Remarkables Rocks and Admiral Arch when crowds are absent, ensuring the serenity these wonders deserve.
- Visit Six National Parks in Three Diverse Environments
On our southern Australia adventure, we explore six renowned parks: Flinders Chase National Park on Kangaroo Island, Twelve Apostles & Port Campbell National Park on Cape Otway, and four national parks in Tasmania: Mole Creek Karst, Cradle Mountain–Lake St. Clair, Freycinet and Maria Island. Together, these expeditions create the ultimate nature itinerary.
- Explore Australia with Just 12 Travelers...and TWO Expedition Leaders
In a small group, we can seek out more remote nature highlights and stay in intimate lodges, close to wildlife and conservation sanctuaries. With fewer people, you get a deeper, more peaceful nature experience. And with two guides for just 12 guests, you get the exceptional attention you deserve.
- Maximize Your Time in Nature With Flights Between Remote Australian Destinations
Australia is a huge country. That's why we use flights between many of our itinerary highlights. Less time on the highway lets you maximize time immersed in wilderness, spending meaningful days exploring the landscapes and wildlife you came so far to see. Lacking our flight plan, many longer itineraries don’t spend nearly as much time in nature.
- The World’s Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures has a well-deserved global reputation for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our Expedition Leaders have years of experience and training, including resources from WWF's top scientists. You won’t find more knowledgeable—or more personable—guides than those who work with us. Our philosophy is simple: a nature adventure is only as good as the guide who leads it, so we provide the very best! Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Australia Adventure
Natural Habitat Adventures is proud to offer our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We all care about the planet, and you can travel with us knowing that the emissions from your trip are 100% carbon-offset. NHA is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company, a feature that is especially critical when considering that many of the species and habitats we observe on our trips are under substantial threat from our planet’s warming temperatures.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!