Book With Confidence!
- Close Encounters with a Multitude of Unique WildlifeSeek out Australia's intriguing native species—kangaroo, koala, wallaby, platypus, echidna, pademelon, wombat and the elusive Tasmanian devil!
- Six National Parks & the Southern OceanExplore the widely varied habitats of far-south Australia in the wildlife-rich reserves of Tasmania, Kangaroo Island and Cape Otway—away from crowds
- Remote Lodgings Surrounded by NatureAbsorb warm Australian hospitality at secluded private lodges and a luxury riverside camp, and enjoy farm-to-table meals sourced with local bounty—plus fine regional wines
An Exclusive Encounter with Wild Australia
Australia is hardly an unknown destination. Its unique wildlife, dramatic coastlines and diverse landscapes are high on travelers' must-see lists. When you explore Australia with Nat Hab, however, you'll have anything but a standard approach. Learn more about what sets our trips apart:
- A Distinctive Focus on Nature & Conservation
Australia's impressive landscapes and unique wildlife are front and center on our one-of-a-kind itinerary. From the remote edge of Kangaroo Island to the rugged mountains of Tasmania, we explore World Heritage Sites, wildlife sanctuaries, internationally protected wetlands and more, learning about efforts to protect these wild habitats and native animals.
- Chartered Flights Maximize Your Time in Nature
Australia is a huge country. That's why we fly between many of our itinerary highlights. But adhering to commercial air schedules and logistics can eat up precious safari time down under. That's why we charter planes to and from Kangaroo Island. On the day we return fly from KI to Warrnambool, a commercial schedule would require a full travel day including a layover—but with our chartered flight, it’s only about 90 minutes of travel total. You don't want to come this far to spend excessive time sitting in airports or driving (although the drives we do include are integral for an immersive experience in nature!).
- Visit Six National Parks
Diversity is the appeal on our southern Australia adventure, which includes six spectacular national parks: Flinders Chase National Park on Kangaroo Island, Twelve Apostles & Port Campbell National Park on Cape Otway, and four national parks in Tasmania: Mole Creek Karst, Cradle Mountain–Lake St. Clair, and Mount Field.
- Search for Unique Wildlife When Viewing is Best
Since most Australian species are nocturnal, we devote our days to exploring scenic landscapes and maximize our wildlife viewing opportunities around sunrise and sunset, when low light draws out the marsupials, echidnas and other species that stir to activity during the night. Typical Australia tours don't generally adapt to this important consideration.
- Explore with Just 12 Travelers...and TWO Expedition Leaders
In a small group, we can seek out more remote places in nature and stay in intimate lodges (sometimes with exclusive occupancy), close to wildlife and conservation sanctuaries. With fewer people, you get a deeper nature experience. And with two Expedition Leaders for just 12 guests, you're assured flexibility in activities and personal attention.
- The World’s Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures has a well-deserved global reputation for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our Expedition Leaders have years of experience and training, including resources from WWF's top scientists. You won’t find more knowledgeable—or more personable—guides than those who work with us. Our philosophy is simple: a nature adventure is only as good as the guide who leads it, so we provide the very best! Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Australia Adventure
Natural Habitat Adventures is proud to offer our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!