BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
- A Southern Wildlife ExtravaganzaOn South Georgia, walk among 100,000 king penguins, see Magellanic penguins in their burrows, and view Weddell and Antarctic fur seals
- Discover the Far-Flung Falkland IslandsView the endangered black-browed albatross, with 70% of the world population breeding here, and explore the Scottish heritage of Stanley
- Follow in the Path of ShackletonPonder the infamous expedition and astonishing survival of Sir Ernest Shackleton and his crew at the site of their rescue in 1916
Sail with the World Leader in Conservation-Focused Small Ship Cruising
- An In-Depth Encounter with the Wildlife Spectacles of the Southern Ocean
For travelers who may have already visited the ice-bound reaches of Antarctica, this is a fresh opportunity to discover more of the incredible wildlife the Southern Ocean islands have to offer. Penguins are paramount, and this itinerary offers extended time and attention to
gentoo, Adelie, chinstrap, rockhopper, macaroni and king penguins that inhabit these islands on a staggering scale.
- A Top Team of Experts & Outstanding Amenities Enhance Your Exploration
The combination of a small expedition ship, ample tools like Zodiacs and kayaks for close-up exploration, and an experienced leadership team assure an engaging and immersive experience. Travel with an Expedition Leader, eight naturalists and historians, a National Geographic photographer, a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor, a Global Perspectives guest speaker and an undersea specialist who
scuba-divesinto the icy waters to share live underwater images during your voyage. Plus, the ship’s remotely operated vehicle (ROV) brings back underwater images from up to 1,000 feet deep—farther than any diver can go.
- Flexibility to Follow Whales and Other Wildlife
With many decades and hundreds of expeditions' worth of experience, our captain, Expedition
Leaderand shipboard staff are able to deliver an unparalleled experience, with flexibility being a hallmark of expedition cruising style. That means when a pod of orcas, or a sighting of fin, humpback, minke or sperm whales occurs, our captain will halt or re-route the ship to give you a close-up view onthe action.
- Travel with a National Geographic Photographer
Penguins in massive rookeries are a photography highlight in South Georgia and the Falklands. Add Weddell and crabeater seals, a rebounding population of Antarctic fur seals, and the breathtaking sight of the albatross displaying the world’s largest wingspan in flight, and your wildlife photo opportunities are unparalleled. A National Geographic photographer and a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor accompany every expedition. These pros are by your side to provide composition advice, camera
tipsand other photography skills that ensure you’ll go home with outstanding images.
- Meet Local Residents of the Falkland Islands
This voyage offers a chance to meet the welcoming Falklanders and experience a slice of daily life experienced by the islands' 2,500 residents in this far-flung corner of the world. The history of the Falklands is steeped in intrigue, from whaling stations to the islands' status as a ship-repair port after rough Drake Passage voyages, to refueling steamships bound for Cape Horn and the epic tale of Ernest Shackleton’s ill-fated expedition. Walk in Shackleton’s footsteps, then settle in for cream tea and conversation about raising some of the world’s finest wool.
- We’re Committed to the Planet
Natural Habitat Adventures is a standard-setter in eco-conscious travel. We were the world’s first 100% carbon-neutral travel company. And we continue to break innovative ground in adopting practices that help to protect our global environment. Because of our concern for the environment, we are pleased to partner with Lindblad Expeditions for our Adventure Cruises, a company that shares our values and commitment to the planet.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our environmental commitment and the outstanding quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund has chosen Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation we’re very proud of! When you book your Lindblad Expeditions cruise with us, a portion of your trip fee supports WWF.