BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
- Exclusive Access Via Private YachtAboard our privately chartered sailboat, explore remote reaches of the world’s largest remaining tract of virgin temperate rain forest, which blankets the Coast Range
- See More Wildlife with Local GuidesLook for abundant black bears and prolific marine life, and search the Great Bear Rainforest for the mystical spirit bear with an Indigenous Gitga'at guide
- Humpback Whales at Close RangeWatch humpback whales feed and breach as we weave through the sheltered waters of some of the most pristine coastal wilderness on Earth
The Best Way to Explore the Great Bear Rainforest
- A Private Chartered Sailboat for Solitude & Flexibility
Our sailboat stops each night at a different secluded anchorage, surrounded by untouched wilderness. Most visitors stay at lodges where more people, vehicles, light and noise are part of the experience. Depending on tides, weather and location of wildlife, each day offers a choice of hidden coves and rain forest trails to explore. And by chartering a boat, we have flexibility to pursue the best wildlife experiences.
- A Small Group Ensures Intimate Nature Exploration
Enjoy the intimacy of our private sailing yacht, with a maximum of just 12 guests (though the boat holds 14). You'll get the full attention of our Expedition Leader and staff, and, most importantly, quieter and more personal nature experiences.
- Remote Private Kayaking Excursions
Enjoy quiet paddling opportunities in secluded inlets with no other visitors in sight. The only thing breaking the silence is the drip of the water from your paddle.
- Expert Naturalists & Guides
Our naturalist Expedition Leader provides
in-depthinterpretation of this region's rich natural history. The ship's captain and crew are deeply familiar with these fjords and forests and adept at spotting wildlife. We also spend a day with an indigenous Gitga’at guide in search of spirit bears. Though the bears are elusive and we can't guarantee you'll see one, our local guide will know where they have been spotted most recently, situating us for the best chance to see them. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- A Focus on First Nations & Conservation
The Tshimshian, Haisla, and Heiltsuk First Nations people have lived in the area for tens of thousands of years. We learn about their cultures and how important this remote and pristine wilderness is to them and their future generations. Conservationists and First Nations have been actively working together to protect this region that contains the largest remaining untouched temperate rain forest on the Pacific Coast.
- Our Quality–Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Nature Adventure
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!