- Exclusive Proximity to Brown BearsNat Hab's Alaska Bear Camp boasts the rarest of locations: a private inholding within Lake Clark National Park where bears feast on abundant clams, salmon and sedges
- Impressive Amenities at Our Private Bush CampChef-prepared gourmet meals and well-outfitted accommodations in deluxe tent cabins ensure your every comfort in the most remote of settings
- Private Fly-In Access from the Kenai PeninsulaOur isolated Bear Camp is easy to reach via a scenic chartered bush plane flight from Homer across Cook Inlet and past glacier-iced volcanoes
What Makes Our Bear Camp Adventure Stand Out?
- Phenomenal Viewing in Some of Alaska's Best Brown Bear Habitat
Lake Clark National Park is renowned for its brown bear encounters. Our fly-in camp is surrounded by rich bear habitat, and bears are often on view directly from camp as well on the shoreline and in the surrounding meadows. You won't find a better setting for bear watching!
- Unparalleled Privacy & Seclusion from Our Fly-In Wilderness Camp
Nat Hab's Alaska Bear Camp sits on a private 15-acre inholding within Lake Clark National Park, which we access via chartered small plane from Homer. Because we're on private land, and the camp is ours alone, you'll enjoy secluded accommodations away from other travelers in the national park.
- Exceptional Comfort in a Truly Remote Setting
Bear Camp is out there—way out there. But our isolated wilderness setting doesn't mean you'll lack for creature comforts. Heavy-duty weatherproof tent cabins are spacious, heated and furnished with real beds, a desk and a nighttime en suite potty, while the shared bathhouse has ecological composting toilets and hot showers. Meals are a highlight, created by our resident chef who makes the most of fresh local seafood and other regional fare.
- A Scenic Roundtrip Flight is a Special Bonus
Many visitors to Alaska add a flightseeing trip to their itinerary, since there's nothing that tops an aerial view when it comes to appreciating the scale and grandeur of the Alaskan landscape. Such an adventure is part of getting to Bear Camp! We charter small planes out of Homer, crossing Cook Inlet and passing the snow-covered volcanoes of Redoubt and Iliamna, where the Aleutian Range meets the glaciated Alaska Range, before landing on the beach in front of camp.
- Varied Bear Viewing Locations
From our base at camp, we watch bears from two private viewing platforms: one is elevated while the other is tucked behind a rock face. And sometimes we see bears right in front of camp! We also observe on foot on walks with our naturalist guides. And while we enjoy total privacy at our Bear Camp location, we also have direct access into Lake Clark National Park for additional bear-viewing excursions.
- Expert Naturalist Guides Add Immeasurably to Your Experience
Our Expedition Leaders are not only professional naturalists, they're bear experts. They've spent years observing and learning about Ursus arctos, and their wealth of knowledge adds immeasurably to your experience. They are also seasoned guides when it comes to understanding bear behavior and your safety, coaching us in proper etiquette for respectful viewing. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, stating clearly that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. We think this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!