Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- Private Reserves for Prolific Wildlife EncountersFrom isolated camps on private sanctuaries in a wide range of habitats, photograph a tremendous diversity of wildlife in exceptional seclusion
- Three Helicopter Flights + a Balloon SafariIncredible aerial photography with heli safaris over the Okavango and Linyanti, hot air balloon over the Sossusvlei Dunes, and a doors-off flight over Victoria Falls!
- Efficient Air Transfers with Room for All Your GearWe don’t waste your safari time on long, arduous drives—fly between remote locations by light aircraft, with extra weight allowance for your equipment
The Ultimate Southern African Photo Safari—Here's Why
We don't use a word like "ultimate" lightly. But we know of no better, more immersive, more varied or more in-depth photo safari across the diversity of southern Africa than what this meticulously crafted itinerary offers. These many benefits coalesce to bring you superlative photography opportunities in a single epic adventure.
- Exceptional Diversity of Subjects—Wildlife & Landscapes Alike
You won’t experience a more varied set of places and activities than on this grand adventure across a broad swath of southern Africa. From hot air ballooning over Namibia's towering sand dunes to 4x4 drives among huge herds of elephant and buffalo on the savannas of Zimbabwe, from arid canyons and salt pans and the shimmering green Okavango Delta, this safari truly offers it all.
- Exclusive Private Reserves Offer Seclusion Away from Crowds
Rather than spend all our time in heavily visited national parks, we enjoy solitude and freedom on private reserves adjacent to famous public sanctuaries. The wildlife experience is even better in the same ecosystem when we are far from other visitors. We also enjoy special activities not permitted in the national parks, such as guided bush walks and night drives in search of nocturnal animals. And inside Zimbabwe's Hwange National Park, we stay on a private concession offering the same exclusive activities among the park's incredible wildlife.
- Internal Flight Transfers Maximize Your Time for Photography
We fly between safari locations by light aircraft, facilitating seamless connections between remote destinations and forgoing long, dusty drives over rough roads. Not only is flying more comfortable, it means many more hours for what you've come for: photography on safari. We even include a private international air charter from Namibia to Botswana, avoiding the extra time required to work around airlines schedules and airport waits.
- A Small Group—Capped at Eight!—Ensures the Best Photo Opportunities
With just eight photographers on this safari, our small group has a quiet, non-obtrusive presence, upping our chances of thrilling wildlife encounters.
- Secluded & Intimate Luxury Accommodations
We stay at small luxury camps in remote locations on private reserves, where guest numbers are strictly limited—meaning you get a true immersion in the wilderness amid wildlife, not other visitors. Each tent or chalet has a private veranda to maximize personal wildlife photography opportunities, since animals sometimes wander through some of our camps! Small, sustainable camps and lodges also have a lighter footprint on the land, enhancing a sustainable presence.
- An Open "Window" Seat for Each Photographer
We make sure you have unimpeded access for photography. The top-quality safari vehicles we charter have open sides (no glass to interfere with your view) and are never filled to capacity. You'll share a vehicle intended for 8-10 passengers vehicle with just three other photographers. And while our safari trucks in the Sossusvlei Dunes have glass windows for protection from blowing sand, our photography there takes place outside the vehicle.
- The World's Finest Photo Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalists on the planet! Our Photo Pro safaris are led by accomplished wildlife photographers who are among the most highly trained guides in Africa, renowned not only for their photography skills and naturalist expertise, but for providing exceptional personal service as well. Our Safari Expedition Leaders average 15 years' guiding experience, with additional training support provided from WWF’s leading scientists. See our Photo Pro Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures a Superlative African Photo Expedition
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive quality-value guarantee that promises we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!