Book With Confidence!
- Close-Up Primate EncountersSee toque macaques, leaf monkeys and gray langurs at the 12th-century ruins of Polonnaruwa, alongside a Smithsonian primate researcher
- Asia's Best Leopard ViewingLook for leopards in Yala National Park, with one of the world's highest concentrations, plus sloth bear, jackal and Asiatic buffalo
- Private Whale Watching CruiseFrom Mirissa Harbor, search for blue whales from our private chartered boat, and look for dolphins, orcas and sperm whales in season
See Sri Lanka Differently When You Travel with Nat Hab
- The Most Nature-Focused Itinerary You'll Find
Most Sri Lanka trips focus primarily on history and culture. And while we would never ignore those aspects in this country so rich in human heritage, our primary emphasis is Sri Lanka's equally outstanding natural beauty and diverse wildlife. We don't think you'll find another itinerary that's as nature-intensive as ours, while also including outstanding cultural highlights.
- A Remarkable Diversity of Native Wildlife
While some trips may include a whale-watching excursion or a day on safari in the jungle, ours does it all: we go in search of blue whales, Asian elephants, sloth bear, sambar, monkeys, scores of tropical bird species and more.
- One of the World's Best Places to Spot a Leopard
Sri Lanka is home to one of the world's highest densities of leopards. Specifically, Yala National Park is where we find a great concentration of these charismatic predators. And though they are notoriously elusive, your odds of sighting one (or more) are better here than almost anywhere else.
- A Private Whale-Watching Cruise
From Mirissa on the Indian Ocean coast, you'll have the world's best opportunity to look for blue whales, the largest mammal on Earth. While most visitors do so in larger 50-passenger boats, we charter our own private vessel for a personalized and uncrowded experience, enhanced with the outstanding interpretation of our Expedition Leader.
- Better Vehicles for Better Wildlife Viewing
We use the very best safari vehicles designed for wildlife viewing in Yala National Park. Our open-top Toyota Land Cruisers with a long
wheel baseare the most solid and most comfortable sightseeing vehicles available.
- Small Groups—10 Guests Max—Ensure an Intimate Wilderness Experience
Not only do we cap our trips at 10 travelers, we split the group further for wildlife safaris in Yala National Park, for a low-key, low-impact presence experience with personalized guiding.
- Outstanding Guides, Plus an Impressive Guide-to-Guest Ratio
You'll not only travel with Nat Hab's own naturalist Expedition Leader, but also a Sri Lankan national guide throughout our journey, for the ultimate in expert interpretation, individual attention
- High-End Accommodations Provide Every Comfort
We choose our accommodations for both location and amenities, keeping you close to nature while also providing all-important comforts. From our tented safari camp in Yala National Park to our beachfront boutique resort on the Indian Ocean designed by a renowned Sri Lankan architect, you'll find the places we stay nearly as memorable as the wildlife and people we encounter.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Exceptional Sri Lanka Safari
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive quality-value guarantee that promises we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!