- An Exceptional Opportunity for Just 12 GuestsA remote expedition trip of this class generally requires a private charter—but you’ll get the same rare experience on our exclusive booking of the luxury polar yacht Hanse Explorer
- An Intimate Exploration of the Polar WildernessYou won't find a more immersive encounter with the Antarctic Peninsula and its abundant wildlife, with access to coves and channels big ships can't reach
- Unparalleled Personal Service & InterpretationAboard a matchless vessel that elevates your comfort at every turn, discover the wonders of Antarctica with a stellar team of guides and crew, with a greater than 1:1 ratio of staff to guests
Antarctica as Few Will Ever Experience It
- Just 12 Guests Aboard Our Expedition Yacht
Most visitors to Antarctica travel via cruise ship, often with several hundred other passengers. And while such voyages typically include shore excursions and Zodiac outings, there’s simply no comparison to exploring this extraordinary realm of ice with a mere handful of companions. This adventure accommodates just 12 guests aboard a 156-foot yacht—allowing you to feel the scale, silence and solitude that is unmatched by any place on Earth.
- A Peerless Expedition Vessel: Hanse Explorer
Built with the highest-class ice certification for polar waters, Hanse Explorer is the premier expedition yacht of its size navigating the coast of the Antarctic Peninsula. The ship was totally overhauled in 2020, including the installation of SKF zero-speed fin stabilizers that reduce rolling while still allowing the vessel to break ice. The retrofit created an open, light-flooded interior enhancing a sense of oneness with nature, the ship’s spacious staterooms boast every accoutrement. View wildlife from new Mark IV Zodiacs added in 2021 or on board from the expansive decks, and soak in the topside hot tub as icebergs drift by. Dine on exquisite chef-prepared cuisine. This 153-foot vessel has no peer in Antarctic waters!
- Enjoy All the Advantage of a Private Yacht Charter
To sail on an expedition yacht of this caliber, one typically must charter the entire ship for a private group—an ambitious undertaking. With our charter, however, you can book as an individual and travel in the same manner. And by the time our voyage has ended, you’re sure to have made lifelong friendships with fellow guests who share your passion for exploration while basking in the inimitable comforts Hanse Explorer affords.
- Fly One Way to or from Antarctica for the Ultimate in Comfort
Crossing the Drake Passage is a legendary maritime adventure. But it’s also a multi-day undertaking, and it’s no secret that these waters are often turbulent. If you’d prefer to spend your time in the more sheltered seas of the Antarctic Peninsula itself, tucking into coves where penguins play and cruising narrow channels flanked by 300-foot-high walls of ice, this trip offers the exclusive option of flying one way. Depending on the departure you select, you will either fly from Punta Arenas, Chile to King George Island to embark ship, or you will sail south and fly from King George Island back to Punta Arenas. Few Antarctica travelers have this rare opportunity.
- More Unscripted Time Ashore & Alone
Most Antarctica cruises generally spend just a few days making shore excursions on the Antarctic Peninsula. This journey, however, is a true expeditionary undertaking, with up to a week on the Antarctic Peninsula (depending on weather) to explore remote bays, beaches and icebound headlands, generally in solitude and away from the crowds that are inevitable with big ships. And, because our timing is more flexible, we have added freedom to craft the rhythm of our days around wildlife sightings and shifting weather conditions.
- Extended Hiking Opportunities for a True Wilderness Encounter
Most visitors who travel to Antarctica aboard big ships go ashore and essentially stand on the beach, perhaps walking a short distance in large groups. While even this opportunity can be exciting, often among multitudes of penguins, it pales in comparison to the chance to really explore away from crowds. Our small group is able to hike farther, by ourselves, in the vast, pristine silence of the polar world. This is a genuine wilderness experience, and it isn't available on standard itineraries.
- An Unparalleled Cohort of Guides & Crew
Each voyage has a top Nat Hab Expedition Leader at the helm, a polar natural history expert who will immeasurably enrich your knowledge and appreciation of our magnificent surroundings and abundant wildlife. Our Expedition Leader is supported by a naturalist guide who is a member of the ship's team, and additional crew are at the ready to attend to your every need.
- Our Quality–Value Guarantee Ensures Your Antarctica Expedition
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive quality and value guarantee, clearly stating that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Nat Hab is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our worldwide adventures, we have been chosen by World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!