BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
- Private 3-Night Cruise on Prince William SoundWe’ve chartered a classic yacht for in-depth exploration of this pristine marine wilderness in total solitude—an exclusive adventure for our guests alone
- Float the Glacier-Fed Placer RiverRide the Alaska Railroad to the Spencer Glacier whistle stop, float among the icebergs on Spencer Lake, and raft the gentle Placer River through the Chugach Range
- Flightseeing over the Kenai MountainsOff the typical tour route, hike and explore diverse landscapes on the Kenai Peninsula, and survey glacier-clad peaks, lakes and salmon rivers from a floatplane
Not Your Ordinary Alaska Adventure
- Just 8 Guests for the Most Intimate Encounter with Alaska
With a group this small, you'll feel like you're on a private discovery of the Alaskan wilderness. We've arranged personalized experiences, including a 3-night yacht cruise and meeting local people in their home and work environments, which you would never have access to on a conventional tour or on your own. It's a far superior experience to more conventional tour group settings.
- A Compact Itinerary That Gets You Out There
Remote, wild, out of the way—these are the hallmarks we used when designing this trip. From a train ride to a whistlestop in a roadless area of the Chugach Range where we raft the Placer River to uninhabited islands in the far reaches of Prince William Sound, you'll explore places in Alaska that most others don't get to, where the wild truly reigns. In just eight days, you'll get farther afield than most visitors get on any standard Alaska tour.
- Spend Three Nights Aboard a Chartered Yacht in Prince William Sound
This is such a highlight—no other operator we know of includes this exclusive, small-scale experience. We charter an elegant, meticulously maintained 1965 yacht (with just four cabins) to explore the marine wonderland of Prince William Sound, filled with sea life. Most visitors come either aboard a huge cruise ship with thousands of others, or they see a small section of the sound on a day boat with dozens of others. We elude both of those in this private, flexible context designed to maximize your time with wildlife, glaciers and silence.
- An Immersion in Authentic Alaskan Culture
On typical Alaska tours, you're insulated from local people and "real Alaskans." When you travel with us, you'll meet more than seasonal summer staff—we introduce you to people who live off and work the land and sea, who tell you what it's like to homestead, to hunt and fish as part of a subsistence lifestyle, to endure a long, dark winter, and how the raw beauty of the wild north captures the very core of their being. You'll come away with a much richer picture of life in Alaska, and what makes it so meaningful to its hardy residents.
- The World's Best Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is renowned for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet. Our Alaska Expedition Leaders average more than 15 years’ guiding experience and receive additional training from WWF scientists. Expedition Leaders remain with our private group throughout the entire itinerary. They are not “ship lecturers” or lodge-based guides who see different travelers every day. Rather, they are the Alaska’s most qualified, dedicated and passionate natural history guides, regaling our guests with their insights into the region while remaining close at hand to ensure safety and comfort in every respect. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Alaska Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Nat Hab is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!