Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- An All-Encompassing ItineraryMake a complete circle around Iceland by private mini bus, plane, boat and 4x4—you won't find a more thorough immersion in wild Icelandic nature
- A Rare Visit to the Remote WestfjordsExplore less-visited areas including the far-flung Westfjords, with a private boat cruise in search of whales, and to a puffin colony on Vigur Island
- Travel by Super Jeep into a VolcanoExperience Iceland’s volcanic features, from Lake Myvatn and its intriguing lava formations to a Super Jeep tour to Askja caldera and Viti crater
All Iceland Trips are NOT the Same...Here's Why Ours is Best!
- We Show You SO Much More
Compare carefully...while many operators offer the same limited set of Iceland highlights, we have included far more places,
experiencesand activities for a truly comprehensive immersion in the diversity Iceland has to offer. From private boat excursions in search of puffins and whales to a 4x4 expedition into a volcano crater, from traditional fishing villages to glaciers and geothermal features, we provide a thorough encounter with this captivating country.
- Circle the Whole of Iceland, and Elude Crowds
Many Iceland tours focus solely on Reykjavik and the south coast. While there are plenty of exciting natural attractions in this limited area (and thus plenty of crowds), we take you completely around the country! As far as we know, this is the only land-based (non-cruise) trip to do that. Few visitors get out to the remote Westfjords. And few explore the east coast, a tranquil region of mountains, forests, fjords and fishing villages. Using a combination of flights and scenic drives, we follow the entire perimeter of Iceland while making inland forays into natural areas where people are fewer and elements of traditional culture endure.
- A Small Group Offers a More Authentic Experience
Conventional Iceland tours utilize large motorcoaches for groups of 30–50, but we limit our group to just 11 guests, ensuring a more peaceful experience, plus the ability to stay at smaller guesthouses in more remote locations. It also means you get plenty of personalized interaction with our Expedition Leader and local guide.
- Just 11 Guests Travel with TWO Guides, for More Flexibility
Our trip is led by a Nat Hab Expedition Leader, plus a local guide who adds an insider perspective that only a native Icelander can provide. This also allows us to divide into two smaller groups for excursions at different physical ability levels.
- Internal Flights Allow More Time for Exploring
While driving in Iceland is actually a highlight—its roadways offer some of the most scenic vistas in the world—distances between regions can be long, and roads are often rough and winding. That's why, where it makes sense, we've included air transfers to get you more comfortably from place to place, and to increase the time we have to explore on the ground.
- Three Private Boat Excursions
We charter our own excursion boat or Zodiac to get you closer to nature in three different settings. A full day outing in the Westfjords includes whale watching and a puffin colony on Vigur Island; on another trip we visit a colony of seals in Lonafjordur; and at Fjallsarlon Glacier Lagoon, we'll cruise alongside bobbing icebergs in a private Zodiac.
- We Seek to Avoid the Most Crowded Sites
While we choose to include some of Iceland's highly popular natural wonders, we mostly stay away from sites and routes that are packed with tour buses and large groups (the Golden Circle being a prime example), instead featuring equally impressive yet less crowded spots. And when we do visit popular places you don't want to miss, we facilitate a quieter experience, such as arriving early before crowds form, or booking a private ice lagoon cruise just for our group.
- Private Vehicles Offer a Window Seat for All
We charter comfortable mini buses to accommodate our small group, ensuring plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the view from your window seat. It's a big contrast from motorcoach tours where you're jostling for a look or struggling to find a spot for your jacket. Our Super Jeep 4x4 excursions also include a window seat for every guest.
- You Won't Find More In-Depth, Personalized Guiding Expertise
Unlike some tours that rely on bus drivers or expeditors for each component of your trip, we enlist our own Nat Hab Expedition Leader to oversee every aspect of your adventure. Our guide is an expert naturalist, well versed in Iceland's geology, geography, botany,
historyand culture, who also cares for you in a highly personal manner. We also have a local guide with us for the duration, for an insider perspective that only a native Icelander can provide. Traveling with TWO guides, we can divide into even smaller groups for excursions at different physical ability levels. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Iceland Adventure
When you travel with Natural Habitat, you receive our exclusive guarantee, clearly stating that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our worldwide adventures, we have been chosen by World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud.