- Expert Photography CoachingWith guidance from our Expedition Leader, photograph desert-adapted wildlife, including elephants, against a varied backdrop of Namibia’s striking topography
- Diverse Landscape & Wildlife SubjectsCapture striking landscapes and unique wildlife on the vast private reserves of Kulala and Ongava—plus the remote Skeleton Coast—where scenic drama and silence prevail
- Sunrise Sand Dune PhotographyOn two dawn excursions to Sossusvlei, photograph the world's tallest sand dunes as the rising sun plays on their surface, altering color and contrast
What Makes This Namibia Photo Safari So Special?
- Maximum Group Size Just 8 Travelers—4 Per Safari Truck!
An authentic encounter with nature is hard to achieve outside of a small group. While Namibia's tarmac road system in developed areas encourages a more “bus-like” safari approach, we limit our groups to just eight guests, with only four travelers per vehicle, facilitating access to remote areas that mini buses can’t get to…as well as a more personalized safari experience with limited impact on fragile environments.
- Chartered Flights for More Time on Safari
We arrange light aircraft transfers to maximize your time on safari with wildlife, rather than negotiating rough and dusty roads between destinations. Furthermore, from the air, you’ll gain a whole different scenic perspective on Namibia’s vast and dramatic landscapes.
- Private Reserves Offer Seclusion & Special Activities
Private reserves are essential to an optimal Namibia safari. From the remote and rarely visited Skeleton Coast to the Ongava and
Kulalawilderness reserves (both are private concessions adjacent to national parks), we are able to explore in solitude and view an abundance of wildlife without the presence of other visitors. When we do visit the national parks, we can quickly enter prime wildlife-viewing areas and return to our private enclaves for a much quieter and more remote experience. We also enjoy exclusive activities not permitted in the national parks, such as safari walks, a wildlife hide and night drives in search of nocturnal animals.
- Exclusive Opportunities to Explore on Foot
Guided bush walks are available on private reserves—rare opportunities to stretch your legs while on safari. An optional climb up the sand dunes at Sossusvlei offers for a whole different perspective on this dramatic landscape that most safari-goers confined to vehicles miss.
- Two Sunrise Excursions to Photograph the Sossusvlei Dunes
Most Namibia safaris spend just one day at the magnificent dunes of Sossusvlei, the tallest sand dunes in the world. We have built in two full excursions here, for double the opportunity to photograph this iconic landscape by the day's first, best light.
- A Rare Visit to the Skeleton Coast
Few Namibia safaris include this exceptionally wild and remote destination, one of the longest, loneliest and wildest stretches of ocean coastline on Earth. From Hoanib Skeleton Coast camp, we have unusual access to this region, with multiple possibilities (weather permitting, since fog frequently is present here ) to photograph wildlife, including large colonies of Cape fur seals, jackals and hyenas that roam the shore; misty dunes that front the beach; and shipwrecks and relics left behind by ill-fated crews.
- Remote Luxury Accommodations in Harmony with the Land
The isolated luxury camps we’ve chosen for this safari are truly exceptional. Each is seamlessly integrated into the natural environment in a way that allows you to be fully absorbed into the stunning and diverse landscapes we visit. Each tent or chalet also has a private veranda, to maximize personal wildlife viewing opportunities. And from Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp, you’ll be able to explore the wild and rugged terrain of Namibia’s notorious northwest coast, and the wildlife that inhabits it, in superb comfort.
- Africa's Most Outstanding Safari Photography Guides
We are proud to provide the personalized service of some of Namibia’s most outstanding naturalist guides. We employ only the most highly trained and experienced Expedition Leaders, who will accompany your group from start to finish. Furthermore, your safari guide is also an accomplished photographer, whose expertise and tips will help you get superlative photos. Our NHA Expedition Leaders average 15 years' experience, with additional resources provided by WWF’s leading researchers. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Namibia Safari
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!