Want to do Africa your way? Natural Habitat Adventures has been crafting private custom safaris for more than three decades. Let our expert staff of Adventure Specialists work directly with you to design a personalized safari based on your wishes and interests. They know Africa like none other, with years of on-the-ground experience, a vast network of connections to tap, and a commitment to personalized service that sets the industry standard. With our professional assistance, you and your chosen traveling companions can select your own dates, your safari activities and your accommodations from our carefully vetted collection of intimate camps and boutique lodges.
About Custom Eastern Africa Safaris with Nat Hab
- Kenya's Best Wildlife ViewingExperience all the romance of a classic Kenyan safari, in secluded private conservancies where wildlife diversity is greatest, and animal encounters are intimate
- Top Guides Share Local KnowledgeTravel in the company of outstanding local guides, whose expertise and depth of knowledge add immeasurably to your wildlife viewing experience
- Authentic Cultural EncountersMeet the local Maasai people, Kenya's traditional pastoral herders and warriors, and learn about their tribal culture on personalized village visits
What Makes This "Best of Kenya" Safari Truly the Best?
- A Custom Small Group for the Most Intimate Wildlife Encounters
Most travelers to Kenya end up on safaris in groups of 16 or 20 or more. With your own small private party, you'll get closer to wildlife in a quieter context, get better photos, and enjoy personalized interpretation from your guides.
- A Window Seat for Every Traveler
In custom Toyota Land Cruisers, everyone in your party has a window seat, easy access to roof openings, and room to angle for photos as we enjoy close encounters with Kenya’s diverse wildlife. It’s quite a contrast to the crowded
mini-busesthat ferry many safarigoersinto the bush.
- An Exclusive Itinerary Custom-Crafted By Season
Unlike most safari operators that run the same itinerary regardless of seasonal variations in weather and wildlife migratory patterns, we build and adjust our safari itineraries around the seasons, the climate and wildlife movements, making sure we are in a particular place at the best time to be there.
- Private Reserves Mean No Crowds & Exclusive Activities
Most Kenya safaris visit the same crowded national parks. To show you the "Best of Kenya," however, we offer visits to private conservancies where access is strictly limited, meaning the wildlife-to-guest ratio is much greater! Within these private
sanctuariesyou also have special opportunities for guided bush walks, night drives to see nocturnal wildlife, lion tracking, and even horseback rides and mountain bike safaris—none of which are permitted within the national parks.
- Small Luxury Camps Situated for Seclusion & Wildlife Proximity
Most visitors to Kenya stay at large, impersonal safari lodges where wildlife viewing happens in the presence of numerous vehicles, all clustered around the same animals. You will stay at remote luxury camps. Isolated within the wilderness yet offering exceptional comfort, these luxury camps ensure personalized attention and intimate encounters with nature.
- A Greater Diversity of Wildlife
Unlike standard itineraries, those that we devise for you showcase a greater wealth of Kenya’s wildlife diversity by including the Lewa Conservancy in northern Kenya. Here you'll see distinctive subspecies not seen elsewhere in Kenya, including reticulated giraffe, endangered Grevy’s zebra, gerenuk, Beisa oryx, Somali ostrich and otherwise rare black and white rhinoceros.
- A Rare Chance to See Endangered Rhinoceros
Standard Kenya safaris do not visit the Lewa Conservancy—yet it’s one of the only places in Kenya where you’ll have a good chance to see rhinos! Lewa Conservancy has been instrumental in returning both black and white rhinoceros from the brink of extinction and has provided a model for successful conservation approaches throughout East Africa.
- Flights Between Regions Means More Time on Safari
In order to avoid the long, dusty drives over rough roads that most visitors experience, you fly between camps, maximizing time for what you have come to Kenya
for:wildlife viewing on safari! While you gain more time on the ground, your flights offer the added bonus of an aerial view of your environs.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Safari Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!