- Discover Machu Picchu in Depth with Expert GuidesWith our Expedition Leader and a local guide, explore the mysteries and marvels of Machu Picchu, the ancient “Lost City of the Incas,” on two immersive visits
- Meet the Indigenous People of the AndesWander through the ruins of Inca cities and farming terraces in the Sacred Valley, stopping for cultural encounters with local Quechua residents
- Relax in Lodgings Replete with Local CharacterStay at intimate luxury hotels and boutique inns that exude local character, from colonial splendor to traditional Andean ambience
An In-Depth Private Journey with Peru’s Most Outstanding Guides
- Travel with a Top Expedition Leader
Most other tour companies offer either an unguided visit to Machu Picchu or they rely on local “step-on” guides who provide only scant interpretive services at the ruins. On our immersive encounter, you’ll benefit from the full services of our own Expedition Leader from start to finish, plus the enhancement of a carefully vetted local guide who joins us onsite. Our award-winning guides in Peru average 15 years’ experience. And their expertise in both natural and cultural history makes all the difference when it comes to a rich understanding of the sites we explore. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- A Small Group Is a Must
Machu Picchu offers one of the world's most captivating travel experiences. But it's also a world-renowned destination, and trying to tour the site in a big group with multitudes of tourists jostling for photos and competing to hear the guide, your visit to this World Heritage Site can lose its magic. Our groups are limited to just 12 guests, allowing for in-depth exploration and more intricate insight.
- Luxury Accommodations in Natural Settings away from Crowds
We choose our accommodations to enhance your experience of Peru's mountain culture in peaceful settings. Near Machu Picchu we stay at Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, a luxury lodge secluded in lush cloud forest. The hotel enjoys a private setting surrounded by 12 acres of flower gardens containing more than 300 orchid species. In the Sacred Valley, we hand-pick our accommodations for atmosphere and privacy, away from crowds.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Machu Picchu Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!