Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Explore a Diversity of Islands in DepthOur flagship itinerary is an immersive exploration of the Galapagos, with a full week aboard a privately chartered yacht carrying just 14–16 guests
- Spend a Night with Giant TortoisesSnorkel with sea lions, swim with turtles, sunbathe with iguanas, scout for whales, and overnight in wild tortoise terrain at our private camp in the Santa Cruz highlands
- You Won't Find a Smaller GroupEach trip is led by two Expedition Leaders—the Galapagos' most highly trained naturalist guides—for the best guide-to-guest ratio in the islands
All Galapagos Tours Are Not the Same! Why Choose Us?
- Small Groups Ensure Intimate Nature Encounters
With just 14 to 16 guests aboard our private chartered yachts, and each departure led by two highly trained Natural Habitat Expedition Leaders, you'll explore the Galapagos in a small group with no more than 7 to 8 other travelers.
- The Best Guide-to-Guest Ratio in the Galapagos
The standard ratio is 16 guests to one naturalist guide—that’s what most boat tours in the Galapagos provide. Our ratio is 7 to 8 guests per guide—with even smaller groups on our photography departures! This makes a big difference! It not only allows us to explore in a more intimate context, but we can also offer different activities at the same time: for instance, one group can snorkel while the other opts for a panga ride. And with two Expedition Leaders, you get a full interpretive experience: a naturalist guide accompanies each panga when we go out with two smaller boats for close-up exploring. Our photo tours are accompanied by two Galapagos Expedition Leaders plus one Photo Expedition Leader, for a total of three naturalist guides.
- Private Chartered Yachts Keep Operations Within Our Control
Rather than sending you through a local ship-owner who takes bookings from many sources, we run every element of our Galapagos trips—from meeting you on arrival in Quito through the chartering of our small ships to escorting you to the Quito airport for your homeward flight. Only by managing each step of our operations can we ensure that your trip is superlative—and we don’t settle for less!
- An Exclusive Stay at Our Private Tortoise Camp on Santa Cruz
Exclusive to Nat Hab alone is an optional overnight at our private Tortoise Camp in the highlands of Santa Cruz, where wild tortoises roam freely over this remote parcel of private land overlooking the Pacific Ocean far below. Unique accommodations, rustic but comfortable, are in raised safari-style canvas tents and elevated treehouses (all with en suite facilities), surrounded by nature, with a communal dining room and lounge space warmed by a log fireplace.
- The World's Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our group of elite Galapagos Expedition Leaders averages more than 15 years’ guiding experience each. Additionally, they receive training and resources from WWF’s world-renowned scientists. Our philosophy on this is pretty simple: A nature adventure is only as good as the guide, so we simply must provide the best! See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Secluded Snorkeling Experiences
Snorkeling is the highlight for many Galapagos visitors. Inquisitive sea lions, sea turtles, penguins and schools of vividly colored fish provide endless excitement in the islands’ clear waters. But it can be disappointing if you’re traveling aboard a larger ship to find dozens of fellow snorkelers surrounding you, interfering with your experience. In our small groups accompanied by two Expedition Leaders, marine life is front and center, and you’re the sole audience.
- The Itinerary Makes a Difference
As WWF’s conservation travel partner, we're privileged to have some of the world’s top wildlife biologists helping us develop our nature adventures. WWF is especially active in the Galapagos, and our itineraries are specifically designed to provide our small groups with the best close-up wildlife viewing experiences in the most personalized manner possible.
- See & Photograph More of Ecuador with a Stay in Quito
Ecuador, though small in size, is one of the world's most geographically and culturally diverse countries. As a complement to your Galapagos immersion, we include a guided visit to Quito—a richer cultural experience than just flying in and out of Guayaquil, as many trips do. Experience a slice of Ecuador that is distinctly different from what you'll encounter in the Galapagos as you explore Quito's complex colonial history, reflected in extravagant churches and European, Moorish and indigenous influences that have made the well-preserved 16th-century Old Town a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Galapagos Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, clearly stating that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel as well as the exceptional quality of our worldwide adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!