- World's Best Puffin Photo OpportunitiesIn the rarely visited Westfjords and Westman Islands, photograph the world’s largest Atlantic puffin colonies, and see whales, seals and abundant seabirds on two private marine RIB safaris
- Aerial Photography with a Helicopter Glacier LandingThree exhilarating flights, by helicopter and small plane, offer unparalleled views of Iceland’s mighty waterfalls, gorges, volcanoes, fjords and islands—plus a landing to walk on a glacier
- Shoot Far More on a Complete Circuit Around Iceland This is without a doubt the most exclusive Iceland photo itinerary you'll find: wider ranging, in greater depth, to more remote areas, than anything else on offer...by a long shot!
What Makes This the ULTIMATE Iceland Photography Adventure?
- You'll Photograph So Much More on Our Unique Itinerary
Going well beyond the conventional highlights, we have included far more places, experiences and activities for a truly comprehensive immersion in the diverse photography destinations and subjects Iceland has to offer. We circle the whole of Iceland, including the distant Westfjords and little-visited east coast, a tranquil region of farms, forests, fjords and fishing villages. With us, you'll get to places no one else offers access to.
- Spend Time with Wild Nature, Not Crowds
Iceland is popular—there's no avoiding that. Yet there are plenty of places in Iceland that most tourists never get to...but you will! Using a combination of flights and scenic drives, we follow the perimeter of Iceland while making inland forays into wild areas where people are few and elements of traditional culture endure.
- Three Private Flightseeing Tours, Plus a Helicopter Glacier Landing
There is nothing like an aerial vantage for capturing the scale and power of Iceland's landscapes. On two fixed-wing plane flights plus a helicopter excursion, you'll get shots of mountain peaks, the Vatnajokull ice cap, broad glacial valleys, volcanic plains laced with braided rivers, massive waterfalls, and more—and one heli tour includes a glacier landing for close-up ice photography.
- World's Best Place for Puffin Photos
Very few visitors to Iceland get to the remote Westman Islands...but that's where the world's largest Atlantic puffin colony is found. And who doesn't love spending unhurried hours with the world's most charming seabird? You'll get a second chance to photograph puffins when we visit Vigur Island in the Westfjords, too. No other itinerary compares!
- Private Boat Tours for Whale Watching & Marine Life Close-Ups
Multiple private boat trips, including two RIB (rigid inflatable boat—like a super-powered Zodiac) marine safaris, get you out among whales, seals and huge colonies of seabirds, for exciting wildlife photography.
- Photograph a Volcano Crater via Super Jeep
On board a giant, tricked out 4x4 "Super Jeep," descend to the crater floor of Askja caldera, for a close-up vantage on every aspect of a dormant volcano, and hike up to the rim for the ultimate panorama.
- Shoot Alongside a Naturalist Guide Who Is Also a Photography Pro
Your photography adventure is guided by a supremely qualified Expedition Leader: not only is your guide deeply versed in Iceland's natural history, your guide is also an accomplished photographer in their own right, attuned to all the elements that will maximize your chances for the best possible photos (reading the weather, chasing the best light, adjusting a route to enhance photo opportunities, etc.).
- A Small Group—Capped at 9—Offers a More Immersive Experience
A superlative photo tour requires a small group. Our group is limited to just nine photographers, allowing the flexibility that's imperative for serious photography. We are able travel in small vehicles—vans, aircraft and boats—ensuring a more intimate encounter with nature and access to more remote places. It also means you'll have plenty of personal time with our Expedition Leader for serious photography conversations.
- A Local Guide Joins Us, Too, for the Fullest Experience
Our trip is led by a Nat Hab Photo Pro Expedition Leader, but we're joined by a local guide who adds an essential insider perspective, not to mention an even higher level of personalized service.
- Strategic Flight Transfers Allow More Time for Photography
While driving in Iceland is a highlight—its roadways offer some of the most scenic vistas in the world—distances between regions can be long, and roads are often rough and winding. That's why, where it makes sense, we've included air transfers to get you more comfortably from place to place, and to increase the time we have in the best photography locations. In one instance, we include a private chartered flight from Akureyri to Isafjordur, saving the time and hassle of a connection through Reykjavik.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Iceland Adventure
When you travel with Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, clearly stating that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our worldwide adventures, we have been chosen by World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud.