Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- See & Hear Dozens of Belugas Up CloseMore than 3,000 gentle beluga whales enter the Churchill River each summer—come within arm's reach by Zodiac and kayak, and listen to their songs via hydrophone
- Search for Polar Bears by HelicopterLook for roving polar bears on a scenic flight over the tundra and taiga forest—the only way to survey this roadless wilderness terrain
- Scout for Wildlife on a Tundra SafariJoin our Expedition Leader in search of caribou, Arctic and red fox, Arctic hare, snowy owl, ptarmigan and 200 migratory bird species
Why Choose Us for Your Churchill Summer Adventure?
- Small Groups for Better Wildlife Viewing
With no more than 14 guests, you're assured intimate wildlife encounters and plenty of personal interaction with our Expedition Leader. And we split our small group in half when we travel by Zodiac to see the belugas, for the most intimate encounters available.
- Private Zodiac Excursions Among the Whales
We use our own private motorized rafts, chartered from Churchill’s highest-quality and most reliable boat company, to visit belugas in the mouth of the Churchill River—with no more than seven passengers per boat. This ensures clear viewing, easy photography access
anda flexible timetable.
- Listen to the Belugas by Hydrophone
Belugas are delightfully vocal whales. And while it is thrilling to see them up close, our experience is enhanced further by the chance to hear them as well. Most boat excursions don’t offer the opportunity to listen in with hydrophones—but we do!
- Kayak with the Pod
When the tides are right, we offer the chance to kayak among the belugas—an up-close encounter in a solitude that's broken only by the splash of your paddle and the whales' inquisitive interactions as they approach your boat.
- Exclusive Summer Access to Churchill Wildlife Management Area
We're one of just two tour operators in Churchill with an exclusive permit to access the full range of the Churchill Wildlife Management Area (CWMA) via Polar Rover tundra vehicle during the summer. This is where we may see polar bears, Arctic fox and other northern wildlife. Other operators use school-bus vehicles and can only drive along the road to Halfway Point, which is, as the name implies, just halfway to the best wildlife-viewing area. You’ve come all the way to Churchill to see wildlife…why not make sure you have the best opportunity to do so?
- Northern Lights? The Odds are Good!
Located directly beneath the Van Allen Belt, a layer of energy-charged particles that wraps the earth's polar regions, Churchill is one of the best places on Earth to see aurora borealis. Originating in solar flares, these particles are carried by solar wind, becoming trapped in Earth’s magnetic field to create the phenomenon of the colorful northern lights. As days shorten toward summer's end, our chances increase to witness dancing lights in a darkening sky.
- Cultural Interactions with Local Residents
Through years of developing close relationships with local people, we are able to offer our guests the exclusive opportunity to meet revered elders of the First Nations, Inuit and Metis groups in Churchill. These storytellers are some of the last in their communities, passing on their knowledge of the past to the younger generations and, fortunately for us, also to our travelers.
- The Finest Naturalist Guides on the Planet
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the highest-quality guides in the industry. Our Churchill Expedition Leaders have been guiding tours in this region for an average of more than 10 years. And they receive additional training and resources from WWF’s top scientists, ensuring the best interpretive experience available. Expedition Leaders meet each guest in Winnipeg and travel with the group the entire way, sharing their knowledge and insight at every turn. Our philosophy is pretty simple: a nature adventure is only as good as the guide, so we simply must provide the best! See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior North Country Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, clearly stating that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!