BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Four Separate Gorilla TreksFour different gorilla-tracking expeditions—two each in Uganda and Rwanda—maximize your time with the last of the world's endangered mountain gorillas
- A Total Primate ImmersionLook for golden monkeys and complete the primate experience in Kibale National Park with a chance to photograph wild chimpanzees and colobus monkeys
- Classic Game Drives, TooWhile primates are our focus, we also visit Queen Elizabeth National Park where African plains game and predators abound on the Rift Valley savannas
What Makes Our Ultimate Gorilla Safari So Exceptional?
- You Won't Find a More In-Depth Primate Itinerary
Plenty of gorilla safaris give you just one day in the
rain forestto track these reclusive animals. But we include four separate gorilla tracking expeditions—two days each in Uganda and Rwanda—to maximize your opportunities for incredible photos. Add wild chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, plus a chance to see colobus and golden monkeys, and you've got the most comprehensive primate safari Africa has to offer.
- Experience the Full Diversity of Africa's Wildlife
While gorillas are our focus, we travel through areas with other wildlife viewing opportunities as well. No safari-goer should come to Africa without a chance to capture images of its iconic big game such as elephants, buffalo, zebra, lions, crocodiles, hippos and more. Our itinerary is designed to include the best of both: primates plus general wildlife viewing on forest treks, 4x4 drives
anda boat cruise, encompassing diverse and highly scenic terrain.
- Comfortable Vehicles with a Window Seat for Every Traveler
Nothing is more critical to getting the best possible photos than a guaranteed window seat on board the highest-quality safari trucks. Our state-of-the-art 4x4 vehicles are designed for the bush, with features such as multiple roof hatches to enhance viewing. There's no way around it—Central Africa has some pretty rough roads—so full 4-wheel-drive capacity with a top-quality suspension system is a key feature of our vehicles.
- Unique Accommodations Offer Character & Seclusion
Where you stay on safari makes a big difference to your overall experience. That's why we use small, intimate camps and lodges in remote areas wherever possible. We choose our locations for their scenic settings, natural
ambienceand proximity to wildlife—a big contrast to large lodges in busy areas where hundreds of tourists congregate.
- Photo Departures Offer Special Benefits for Photographers
Uganda and Rwanda are among the most beautiful countries in Africa. We've designed our itinerary to include exceptionally scenic drives between safari locations, offering a chance to photograph the countryside and small communities along rural roads. And, crucially important, driving allows for maximum photography equipment allowances, which may be restricted on small planes with tight weight limits. Because we do a point-to-point trip from Entebbe to Kigali, we don't do any backtracking, unlike most other gorilla safari itineraries—which means more diversity for you to see and photograph en route! And finally, expert photography Expedition Leaders are by your side with personalized tips and instruction, from shot composition to follow-up editing—for photographers of all ability levels!
- Our Nat Hab Expedition Leader Accompanies You Throughout Your Safari
We take pride in hiring the finest naturalist guides in Africa. In addition to their exceptional warmth and hospitality, our Expedition Leaders' in-depth training also includes resources and direction from WWF’s premier scientists. Check out our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures an Outstanding Safari
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!