- Seclusion in Two Wild CountriesDiscover Botswana and Namibia’s remote wilderness landscapes on a 13-day adventure into the most secluded reaches of the Okavango Delta and Namib Desert
- View Diverse & Rare WildlifeEncounter Botswana's prolific elephant herds and Namibia's rare desert-adapted wildlife as we scout private reserves in a small group with top safari guides
- An Evocative Traditional SafariFeel the expeditionary essence of a vintage safari at our deluxe private tented camps, exploring from desert to dune to marsh on 4x4 drives, bush walks and by poled canoe
What's So Distinct About this Nat Hab Safari?
When you dream of an African safari, do you picture wildlife roaming at the edge of your classic tented camp? Our exclusive adventure in some of Africa's last true wilderness is not on the standard safari circuit. We deliver a remote nature experience focused on close-up wildlife sightings in an intimate context. Here's what makes this journey stand out:
- A Compact Itinerary Designed for Variety
Our itinerary is carefully crafted to maximize your experience of some of Africa's most diverse wildlife habitats. In less than two weeks, you'll travel from the world's oldest desert to the ephemeral Hoanib River Valley, to the watery Okavango Delta. From Botswana's flooded marshlands with its lions, leopards and elephant to the arid Namib Desert with its desert-adapted elephant, giraffe and rhino, you'll find some of wild Africa's finest animal encounters.
- Private Reserves Get You "Out There"
Enjoy the advantages of remote locales and exclusive activities. We avoid more heavily visited national parks and concentrate instead on uncrowded private reserves. Our intimate tented camps are located in isolated natural settings amid abundant wildlife, which we encounter not only on traditional daytime drives, but also on guided bush walks, mokoro expeditions and night drives in search of nocturnal creatures—activities permitted only on private reserves.
- The Most Intimate Private Camp Experiences
Our private expedition camps are small and secluded. Experience our mobile camp in the Hoanib Valley in northwest Namibia, then our expedition camp in the northern Okavango, enjoyed solely with our group.We leave a light footprint while sharing camaraderie around the campfire with camp staff and fellow travelers.
- An Open "Window" Seat for Everyone
We make sure you have access to an unimpeded view. The top-quality safari vehicles we charter have open sides (no glass to interfere with your view) and nine cushioned passenger seats—one in front next to the driver, followed by two rows of three seats each and a pair of seats at the back. On wildlife drives, we limit our capacity to no more than seven travelers in each vehicle for maximum comfort, viewing and photo opportunities.
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalists on the planet! Our Botswana & Namibia Explorer safari includes your own private Expedition Leader, ranked among the most highly trained guides in Africa and renowned for providing exceptional service. Our Safari Expedition Leaders average 15 years' guiding experience, with additional training support provided from WWF’s leading scientists. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- A Maximum of 13 Travelers
A small group is essential for an authentic safari experience. With a maximum of just 13 guests plus our Expedition Leader, always divided into two vehicles, you'll share the sense of being alone in nature with wildlife.
- We Stand By Your Safari with Our Quality-Value Guarantee
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which states that we promise to meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We care deeply about our planet, just as you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset. Natural Habitat Adventures is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!