Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Private Mobile CampsEnjoy unparalleled proximity to the herds from our luxury mobile camps in the Maasai Mara and on an adjacent private conservancy
- Migration River CrossingWitness thousands of wildebeest crossing a river as crocodiles lie in wait—and view thrilling predator-prey interactions on the savanna
- Best Guides for the Best ExperienceGuided by top Expedition Leaders who are expert trackers and know this land intimately, encounter abundant wildlife away from crowds
What Makes Our Kenya Migration Safari the Best?
- The Most In-Depth Migration Itinerary
Compare itineraries. We spend eight full days in the Maasai Mara at the time of year when the migration is typically at its peak. We stay in two different locations where wildlife is most prolific—in the heart of the national reserve and on a private conservancy adjacent to the park where visitor numbers are strictly limited. Our itinerary is designed to place you in peak proximity to the herds—not to other travelers!
- Our Private Mobile Camp Puts You Amid the Action
Many “migration safaris” stay at big lodges far removed from the migration itself, having to travel long distances each day to find the herds. In contrast, our private mobile camp—exclusively for Nat Hab guests—is set in a remote area of the reserve where water and good grass typically keep the herds nearby. It's also located near the Mara and Talek rivers, where we may witness exciting river crossings with frequent predator-prey interactions.
- Small Groups Mean Intimate Photo Opportunities
We travel with a maximum of 12 guests divided into smaller groups among safari vehicles, enabling us to get closer to wildlife in a quieter context for photography—and your experience is enriched by more personalized interpretation from our guides.
- Guaranteed Window Seats & Plenty of Space in Our Vehicles
Every traveler has a "window" seat in our open 4x4 safari trucks, offering unimpeded photo opportunities. And on photo safaris, we limit it to just four passengers per vehicle to maximize comfort and ensure room for all your gear—not every safari company does!
- Experience Brings Exclusivity
Our Expedition Leaders make all the difference in the popular Maasai Mara, where less-experienced guides rely upon radio calls to find wildlife, often resulting in 20 vehicles surrounding a single lion. By contrast, our Expedition Leaders know the area and wildlife intimately and are able to purposefully avoid other vehicles as we find our own sightings. This means more private and authentic encounters with wildlife—and better photos!
- Exclusive Safari Activities on a Private Reserve
Most migration safaris stay strictly within the national reserve. Ours, however, also includes a stay on an exclusive private conservancy, where we have the opportunity for guided bush walks, off-road exploration and night drives in search of nocturnal wildlife. None of these activities is available inside the national parks.
- Fly to and from the Bush
Many safari companies transport you to and from the Maasai Mara from Nairobi by vehicle, meaning long, dusty drives over rough roads. We fly both ways, maximizing time for what you have come to Kenya for: wildlife viewing on safari!
- Extra Luggage Allowance
Most airlines and safari companies in East Africa strictly limit luggage to 33 pounds per guest, including carryon bags, with even the highest priced trips typically having this limitation. We have arranged a special luggage allowance of 44 pounds per guest, making it easier to travel comfortably without leaving behind essential items you need. And on our photo safaris, we've reserved extra seating to allow 70 pounds of luggage per guest, allowing you to take all your camera equipment comfortably. This makes a big difference
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalists on the planet! In Kenya, rather than using local camp guides at each stop, we employ our own Safari Expedition Leaders—the most highly trained guides in Africa, dedicated to providing highly personalized service. And our photo safaris are led by guides who are also photography pros, adept at coaching photographers of all skill levels. With our groups from beginning to end, our Expedition Leaders average more than 15 years' experience each. Their training is further enhanced by WWF's top scientists. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Safari Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!