Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Rare Green Season ImmersionExplore the Okavango and experience the Kalahari during its most prolific wildlife season, when fresh vegetation is a magnet for desert species
- New Animal Babies AboundOn 4x4 game drives and guided bush walks, enjoy unsurpassed wildlife photography at the time of year when new births fill the plains
- Victoria Falls at Peak VolumeWitness Victoria Falls at its mightiest seasonal flow, producing enough spray to create a rain forest microclimate on the rim
The Best Southern Summer Safari You'll Find
- A Small Group—Just 7 or 8 Guests—Means a More Authentic Safari
Encounters with the natural world are more meaningful in smaller groups—that's why we limit this safari to a maximum of seven guests on regular departures and eight guests (divided into two vehicles of four travelers each) on photo departures. This very small group size ensures the most personalized experience possible, in exceptionally secluded locations.
- A Diverse Summer Season Itinerary
Our less-conventional itinerary offers an experience of Botswana's prolific wildlife during a season when new life abounds but visitors are few. In tandem with World Wildlife Fund, we’ve designed it to maximize a diverse array of habitats and settings, for the best range of wildlife viewing.
- Stay on Private Reserves
In contrast to more heavily visited national parks, we stay in seclusion on Botswana’s premier private reserves. Wildlife viewing is excellent during the green
season,when a range of habitats nourished by fresh rains supports a large herbivore and predator population. And, at this time of year, floodwaters are receding in some areas of the Okavango Delta, opening up vast areas for wildlife viewing on land. In addition to regular daytime safari drives, we also do exciting night drives (not allowed in public parks) in search of nocturnal wildlife.
- Intimate Luxury Camps
A stand-apart element of this safari is our exceptionally small and secluded camps. Within the privately owned Santawani Concession, Gomoti Tented Camp is ours alone, offering an encounter with the African wilderness evocative of a century ago—which very few safari-goers get to experience.
- Chartered Flights Maximize Your Time on Safari
We charter light aircraft for transfers between safari locations, enhancing your time with wildlife and maximizing comfort, too, by eliminating long drives over rough dirt roads. Our photo safaris provide an additional baggage allowance for all your camera gear, too—a real plus when you start comparing operators and options.
- An Open "Window" Seat for Everyone
We make sure you have access to unimpeded views. The top-quality safari vehicles we charter have open sides (no glass to interfere with your view) and 10 cushioned passenger seats—one in front next to the driver, followed by three rows of three seats each. Yet we limit our capacity to just seven travelers per vehicle on wildlife drives—and only four guests per vehicle on photo safaris! Furthermore, the three rows of seats are tiered—those in the rear sit up higher so that no one’s forward view is impaired.This ensures maximum comfort, viewing, space for gear, and easy photo opportunities.
- Private Verandas for Personal Wildlife Viewing
Our luxury tented safari camps have private verandas so you never miss a chance to encounter animals that may wander past—and enjoy the view from your own secluded space.
- A Photo Safari Exclusive: Helicopter Flightseeing
Anyone who's ever flown over Africa's wild terrain will tell you there's nothing like an aerial view of wildlife on the move. That's why we've added a thrilling helicopter flight to our photo safaris—with doors off for the best photography access! Soar over the Gomoti River and vast wetlands of the Okavango Delta, one of the richest wildlife enclaves in all Africa. The Gomoti River is a year-round lifeline for animals, and the mosaic of habitats we survey from the sky provides ample food for a large array of grazing species and the predators that pursue them.
- The World's Finest Naturalist Guides
We’re proud to work with the best-trained, most experienced naturalist guides in Africa—and those who lead our photo departures are also among the finest photographers on the continent! Rather than rely on various local guides at each camp, we provide a Nat Hab Safari Expedition Leader who accompanies your group from start to finish, ensuring highly personalized service. Our Expedition Leaders are among the most qualified guides in Africa, averaging 15 years' guiding experience, with additional training resources provided by WWF scientists. Our philosophy is simple: an African safari is only as good as the guide, so we must provide the very best! See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Safari
Every traveler receives Natural Habitat’s exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!