Discover Amazon & Machu Picchu
- Explore the Amazon rain forest from a small luxury ship designed especially for wildlife viewing on this legendary river of adventure
- See monkeys, parrots, pink dolphins and a rainbow of tropical birds during guided jungle excursions on foot and by boat
- Wander the maze of ruins at Machu Picchu, fabled “Lost City of the Incas,” as you learn about the site's fascinating history with our Expedition Leader
Machu Picchu & the Amazon Together — As They Ought to be Experienced
- A Small Group Means Intimate Nature and Cultural Encounters
We take a maximum of just 10 guests. That’s a big contrast to larger bus-based tour groups that visit Machu Picchu, or ships that carry 100 or more passengers on the Amazon. You’ll get plenty of time for one-on-one conversations with our Expedition Leader. You’ll observe wildlife in silence and seclusion. And you’ll also enjoy personalized visits with the local ribereños living in riverside villages.
- Cruise Aboard One of Best Small Luxury Vessels on the Amazon
Comfort in the remote and steamy reaches of the Amazon is paramount, and that’s why we sail aboard one of the newest and finest vessels to ply the mighty river and its tributaries. The 135-foot Delfin II is the perfect size for nature exploration, carrying just 30 guests in 14 suites plus a full complement of staff and crew.
- We Travel Farther…All the Way to the Amazon Headwaters
Many Amazon itinerary options exist, and they vary widely. In keeping with our focus on the most prolific wildlife regions, we head far upriver to the confluence of two major tributaries, the Ucayali and the Marañón, which comprise the headwaters of the world’s greatest water artery. On foot and by skiff, we explore WWF-supported Pacaya Samiria National Reserve that encompasses the headwaters region, to search for abundant and diverse wildlife. You won’t find a more remote rainforest experience.
- Distinctive Luxury Accommodations Enhance Your Trip
From a grand colonial-style hotel in Cusco ranked by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the top hotels in South America to a charming private bungalow at the base of Machu Picchu surrounded by orchid gardens, our land-based accommodations are anything but run-of-the-mill. Each property is carefully selected for its ability to enhance your authentic Peruvian experience.
- Our Expedition Leader is with You the Entire Way
You’ll benefit from the services of our highly trained naturalist Expedition Leader from the start of your adventure to the final day, ensuring personalized attention to every travel detail. You'll also receive a wealth of information as a result, compared to travelers who must rely only on hit-or-miss local guides. NHA Expedition Leaders average 15 years of guiding experience and receive further training and resources from WWF’s top scientists. Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Peru Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee that clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We all care about the planet, and you can travel with us knowing that the emissions from your trip are 100-percent carbon-offset. Natural Habitat Adventures is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company and a leader in sustainable tourism worldwide.
- Natural Habitat Adventures Is World Wildlife Fund’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us very proud!