Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Tap Our Local KnowledgeDiscover wildlife-viewing spots most tourists miss, plus other surprises revealed by our Expedition Leaders who know Yellowstone Country intimately
- Learn with Expert Naturalist GuidesPhotograph abundant wildlife against a backdrop of striking landscapes, with in-depth interpretation to vastly enrich your experience
- Scenic Float in Jackson HoleRaft the Snake River beneath the iconic spires of the Grand Tetons as we scout for elk, moose, otters, and eagles overhead
Why Choose Our Guided Small-Group Adventure?
- Don't Go It Alone—Let Us Take the Hassle Out!
When you travel on your own, you spend a lot of time researching, planning, asking questions, competing for reservations, or driving around trying to figure out where to go and what to do. As a result, you lose precious time and miss the secret spots known only to locals. We’ve taken out the legwork and guesswork: because we’ve already researched and tested everything, and we coordinate reservations far in advance, you'll experience much more than most people can accomplish on their own.
- Small Groups Make a BIG Difference
In contrast to motorcoach tours, our small groups are limited to just seven guests per private safari vehicle, and only six on photo tours! With a maximum of 14 guests (in two vehicles) per departure—or 12 guests on photo tours—plus two NHA Expedition Leaders and a support staff member, we offer a matchless guide-to-guest ratio and a far more intimate nature adventure. We can move more quickly to areas where wildlife has recently been spotted and access roads and places buses can't reach.
- "Hidden" Wildlife Enclaves & Private Experiences
Our itinerary features out-of-the-way corners of Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks that most visitors miss. With in-depth knowledge of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, we take you to lesser-known areas where wildlife viewing is better and crowds are fewer. Over the years we’ve developed relationships with a range of interesting locals, and you'll get personalized experiences you wouldn’t have access to on your own, such as a home visit with a famous local wildlife photographer.
- Expert Naturalist Guides Add Immeasurably to Your Experience
Our Expedition Leaders are professional naturalists and biologists who know this region like few others. Most guide and teach here year-round, all have in-depth knowledge of the places we visit, resident wildlife behavior, and where and when to be in particular places to see animals. Our guides are the most senior in the region, called on to train other local guides. We can't emphasize enough how much difference this expertise makes to your overall experience. They are also in constant communication with local wolf researchers, providing our groups the most up-to-date knowledge of wolf locations and activity. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Special Photo Departures with Expert Photography Coaching
Our photo safari itinerary is one day longer than our regular Hidden Yellowstone trip, allowing us to slow down and take advantage of photo opportunities as they arise, without missing a thing. And we make the most of summer's showy blooms with special wildflower photo departures, too. Our guides on these departures are not only seasoned naturalists, but gifted photography instructors, too.
- Personalized Visit and Field Experience with a Local Naturalist Photographer
Exclusively for Nat Hab guests, we have arranged a private home and gallery visit with Dan Hartman, one of Yellowstone's most famous wildlife photographers, whose work has been featured in National Geographic. His wolf images are particularly renowned, and he is an important Yellowstone naturalist in his own right. Photo safaris also spend a day in the field with Dan, getting perspective and tips from this local pro.
- Exclusive Nat Hab Safari Trucks—Pop-Top Roofs Enhance Viewing
A far cry from the typical buses or vans other companies use, Nat Hab has crafted new Mercedes Sprinters into specialty North American Safari Trucks. Three double-wide pop-top roof hatches plus large side windows offer 360-degree views on the landscape and wildlife. Every guest has a window seat and plenty of room for camera equipment and other gear. These exclusive vehicles make a big difference!
- Travel During the Shoulder Season for Fewer Crowds
Most people visit Yellowstone in high summer. It can be tough to avoid the throngs at peak season. That’s why we time this trip for late spring and fall. Not only are there fewer people in the parks, but the landscapes are particularly beautiful: spring's fresh green with the peaks still blanketed by snow, and autumn’s palette of golden aspen, willow and blue skies. You won’t find more impressive backdrops against which to capture magnificent wildlife photos.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Yellowstone Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, stating clearly that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. We think this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!