Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- Voyage to the Amazon HeadwatersCruise all the way to the tributary headwaters to explore the Pacaya Samiria Reserve, a vast protected realm of exceptional biodiversity
- A Deluxe Private RiverboatTravel in air-conditioned comfort aboard our private chartered riverboat—generous en suite cabins have panoramic windows for nature viewing
- Rain Forest Wildlife ImmersionWith expert naturalist guides, search for jungle wildlife like scarlet macaws and monk saki monkeys, and look for rare pink river dolphins
What Makes Our Amazon Expedition a Cut Above the Rest?
- The Most Deluxe Vessel on the River
You won’t find a riverboat of higher quality. The Delfin II, built in 2009, is custom-designed for navigating the Amazon and its tributaries. Built in a classic style distinctive to this region and beautifully finished with contemporary comforts, this small ship features generous cabins with panoramic windows for surveying the passing
rain forestand wildlife.
- A Maximum of 28 Guests, for a More Authentic Experience
While some Amazon ships carry 100 passengers or more, the Delfin II offers a much more intimate experience. We charter the ship exclusively for our Nat Hab travelers. Its compact size means we can tie up at the bank to easily embark small skiffs for excursions to observe wildlife at close range. We also enjoy personalized encounters with local ribereño people in riverside villages along our route.
- Cruise all the Way to the Amazon Headwaters
Amazon itineraries vary—compare carefully. Our main focus is the largest protected realm in Peru (and second largest in the entire Amazon Basin), the WWF-supported Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. This vast 5-million-acre wetland at the headwaters of the mighty river is replete with wildlife—you won’t find a richer experience of
- The Best Guide-to-Guest Ratio You'll Find
While the ship operates with three local naturalist guides on every voyage, we also travel with two of our own NHA Expedition Leaders, whose expertise and depth of knowledge in the Amazon greatly enhance your interpretive experience. Our Amazon guides average at least 10 years’ experience in the region, and that means they'll be able to help you spot elusive wild creatures that are otherwise virtually invisible in the rain forest's shadowy depths. What’s more, your Expedition Leaders provide an added level of service and personalized attention. Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our renowned leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Amazon Cruise
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!