Experience in the adventure travel industry is helpful for many of our positions. However, we also welcome candidates with experience in other relevant fields such as sales, operations, communications, finance or marketing, with transferable skills to meet our needs. Overall, we are looking for smart people who can learn quickly and are excited to work in the field of conservation travel.
To apply for a position with us, please click on the job description and follow the instructions listed. No phone calls, please. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will only be contacted in the event we wish to pursue their candidacy.
Nat Hab Encourages Diversity in Conservation Travel
We believe that conservation is everybody’s business regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity and life experience. To that end, we are committed to creating a fully welcoming work environment. We encourage any and all who possess a passion for conserving nature and sharing its wonders with our travelers to apply to join our team!
Current Job Openings: 4
Junior Network Systems Administrator
Nat Hab is currently seeking to expand our commission-based sales team with a full-time Adventure Specialist. Our goal is to create an inclusive work environment, and we would be thrilled to have a diverse candidate pool for this position.
Job responsibilities of an Adventure Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Learning our trip destinations and individual itineraries in detail
- Taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers, often in rapid succession, throughout the day
- Following up on leads to help determine the best trip fit for our travelers and closing those sales
- Booking and entering reservations and handling pre-trip questions, special requests and additional services
- Developing and writing custom itineraries and proposals
- Communicating closely with our marketing, concierge, air and operations teams to efficiently drive your book of business while ensuring the delivery of high-end service
- Working and being fully available 8 am–5 pm Monday–Friday, and on a rotating shift Saturday 8 am–3 pm in a very fast-paced environment. Additional hours may be necessary to achieve your goals and complete your work.
Significant international travel experience is highly desirable, preferably to diverse nature destinations worldwide. Sales experience in the travel industry is a not a requirement but is a huge plus, particularly with trips (custom or otherwise) to Africa and the Galapagos. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), be highly organized, proactive, adaptable and able to multitask, embrace a fast-paced environment, be able to learn quickly, be passionate about travel, and able to work both individually and as part of a cohesive team. Proficiency with MS Office preferred.
A hybrid remote and in-person schedule will likely be available eventually, following an initial training period working entirely in person in our Boulder County, Colorado, office. Relocation assistance is not available.
Base Salary: $30,000-40,000 in the first year of employment (based on experience), plus commission on all sales made. This arrangement moves to strictly commission in year two and beyond. Benefits include paid vacation, annual travel opportunities, pro deals on outdoor clothing/gear, and an on-site fitness facility and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) is included after a pre-determined period of time.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and video application to email@example.com. For the video application, please record yourself answering the five questions below in five separate video clips, each clip no longer than one minute. Submit the individual video files together with your application materials.
1. Since you are interested in this position, we presume you enjoy travel and the outdoors, but what makes you a passionate adventure traveler?
2. Describe one of your most memorable travel experiences.
3. What strengths do you have that would make you successful in connecting with our travelers?
4. Select something you believe in or enjoy (product, cause, etc.), and sell us on it in a minute or less.
5. Why do you want to work for Natural Habitat Adventures?
Please note, cell phone video is just fine—we care about the quality of your answers, not the quality of the video itself. Due to the significant number of applications we receive, we can only contact you personally in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Back to Top
Junior Network Systems Administrator
Nat Hab is seeking a Junior Network Systems Administrator. While the majority of this work can be done remotely, a crucial portion of the work requires time in our Boulder County, Colorado office at a moment’s notice.
Reporting to the CIO, the Junior Network Systems Administrator will have the following responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and upgrade our servers.
- Maintain Active Directory structure, security and group policy.
- Backup, tape rotation, backup verification and restore.
- Manage all business systems including but not limited to financial systems, ticketing systems, reservation systems and Cloud Applications.
- Maintain aspects of our MS Exchange email and messaging infrastructure.
- Maintain and upgrade, as needed, our network backbone and maintenance of switches.
- Maintain and upgrade, as needed, our firewall and telecommunications, including remote access.
- Maintain technology security procedures, in cooperation with your manager.
- Research and evaluate new software and hardware considered for purchase, in coordination with support staff.
- Work directly with support staff on the implementation of policies, procedures and best practices.
- Maintain patch schedule, virus protection and local firewalls for desktops and servers.
- Other responsibilities that include but are not limited to DHCP, DNS and Remote Desktop Services.
- Provide desktop support to all users.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Windows environment including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange.
- Strong knowledge of virtual systems including Hyper-V & VMware.
- Knowledge of backup systems (experience with Veritas and/or IronGate a plus).
- Fundamental understanding of IP networking, including subnetting and VLANs.
- Experience with Office 365 administrator.
- Demonstrated ability to solve advanced problems and to organize and track tasks to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Availability outside of working hours in case of emergencies and upgrades, with the ability to be reached by cell phone at all times.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an IT environment.
- Certifications: Network+ Certification or Microsoft Certifications a plus.
- Job Type: Temporary to full-time.
$50,000 to $65,000. Salary commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a predetermined period of time. We are considering local candidates for this role. No relocation assistance is provided at this time.
How to Apply
To apply, please click here to submit your application on Indeed.com. Applications without customized cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Relocation assistance is not available. Applicants will be contacted only in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Back to Top
We are looking for someone to join our Guest Services team as an Adventure Concierge, a position designed to offer exceptional service to our booked guests from the moment they book until departure.
Job responsibilities of an Adventure Concierge include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with Adventure Specialists as a primary point of contact to provide booked travelers a seamless experience from the moment of booking to the beginning of their trip.
- Answer general guest questions (via phone and email) about trips, billing, insurance, visas, gear, forms, COVID protocols, trip status, etc., and know when to forward more complicated questions to in-house specialists in these areas.
- Follow-up with guests on missing information and forms for their trip.
- Provide lead-generation insight to Adventure Specialist for future sales action.
- Communicate significant trip or itinerary updates to booked guests.
- Act as a team player and work well in a team setting. You will be part of a small team of Adventure Concierges working together to provide exceptional service to our guests, colleagues and operators.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, service-oriented, adaptable, able to multitask, able to learn quickly, patient and able to work both individually and as part of a cohesive team. Proficiency with MS Office preferred. We are looking for a driven, passionate and fun person to join our Boulder, Colorado-based team. Guest service experience to high-net-worth guests and within the travel industry is not a requirement, but a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must take pride in your work and take ownership of your areas of responsibility. One of Nat Hab’s Core Ideologies is autonomy, and professionals who take initiative do well here.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm, as well as an ability to have fun and not take yourself too seriously.
- Able to adapt to changing and flexible responsibilities in a high-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Communication is key!
- Interpersonal skills that enable working cooperatively with all types of people: staff, guides, clients, and vendors.
- Proficient/strong in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook. Database experience is a plus.
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000. Benefits include paid vacation, potential annual travel opportunities, and pro deals on outdoor clothing/gear. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a pre-determined period of time.
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applicants will be contacted only in the event we wish to pursue their candidacy.
Back to Top
Nat Hab is seeking an Operations Coordinator. This position is a member of our Adventure Operations team, which is the department that coordinates all logistics behind each trip that Nat Hab operates around the world. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring partners and field staff have the information they need to provide the optimal experience for guests on every departure.
- Thoroughly review, compile, and send departure-specific information to Nat Hab's in-country operators, contracted partners (hotels, restaurants, service providers) and Expedition Leaders. Most communication is done via email working heavily in our CRM software (FileMaker Pro). Guest information includes passport details, flight itineraries, medical/dietary information, and special requests.
- Act as a resource for in-house Adventure Specialist and Guest Services colleagues regarding trip-specific information such as itinerary, hotel, meal or transportation details.
- Help organize select program details and logistics for destinations around the world working intimately with a team of Destination Managers and Adventure Directors. Logistics include scheduling and confirming restaurant and activity reservations on select programs, coordinating transportation needs, national park permitting, Expedition Leader and field staff flights and the management of room releases with individual properties and operators.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Expedition Leader training retreats locally and around the world.
- The position may include other responsibilities and opportunities not listed above.
- At least 3 years' experience in a logistics/operations-related role is highly preferred.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable working effectively with a variety of partners in our office and around the world.
- Enjoys adapting to new priorities and deadlines in a high-paced and fast-changing environment; able to excel working both individually and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Excel is preferred.
- Computer database software experience is a plus (or the ability to learn quickly).
- Must be eligible for work in the United States without company sponsorship and must have a U.S. social security number.
- Base salary of $50,000/year plus an annual bonus, if merited.
- This position comes with generous PTO and paid holidays. Benefits include site inspection on Nat Hab trips, pro deals on outdoor clothing, onsite fitness facility and exercise classes.
- Eligibility for medical insurance, participation in 401(k) with company match and parental leave begins after a predetermined period of time.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
Location & Travel
- Nat Hab currently has a hybrid work model with some days spent in-person at the office (optional) and some days at home for those employees who live locally. This is subject to change as COVID-19 situation evolves.
- In addition to the benefit of having a certain number of weeks of site inspection on Nat Hab trips where one is a participant on a scheduled program, the Operations Coordinator may be required to travel approximately 1-2 additional weeks a year in order to build field knowledge and rapport with partners around the world as well as to facilitate and execute regional Expedition Leader trainings.
How to Apply
To apply, please send one-page cover letter and one-page resume to email@example.com. The cover letter and resume should be separate PDF attachments. No phone calls please. Applicants will be contacted only in the event we wish to pursue their candidacy.
Back to Top
About Nat Hab
Natural Habitat Adventures is a growing company that welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. We seek to maintain a welcoming, inclusive and high-performing culture in our office and in the field.
Our culture is built around our Core Ideologies, which are not empty ideas we write down and forget—we adhere to them faithfully, and they drive our decision-making every day:
- Continually improve as a company and as individuals
- A remarkable guest experience will be the driving force in every aspect of our business
- Consistently raise the bar on conservation
- Respect and appreciate your colleagues
- Empowerment, initiative & meritocracy shall be our modus operandi
- Have fun, take your work very seriously and yourself not too seriously
Back to Top