Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- Wildlife Excitement for All GenerationsExplore the game-rich Okavango Delta and Kalahari, guided by an expert naturalist specifically chosen to foster fun and learning for kids
- Varied & Exciting Safari ActivitiesStay at authentic luxury bush camps, and discover diverse wildlife habitats by 4x4, bush walks, quad bike, boat, poled canoe and helicopter
- Victoria Falls & Village VisitStand before the thunder of mile-wide Victoria Falls, the largest sheet of falling water on Earth, and visit a nearby village to meet local children
Why Choose Nat Hab for Your Family Botswana Safari?
- A Small, Personalized Family Safari
Our Family Botswana Safari is limited to just 13 guests, divided into two safari vehicles—the perfect size for a multi-generational family, or an opportunity to share an intimate family experience with another small family group or two, for added fun and companionship.
- You Won't Find a More Diverse Itinerary
When you're traveling with kids, variety is important. Safari-goers of all ages will be wowed by our wide-ranging itinerary that takes you from the arid expanse of the Kalahari into the watery reaches of the Okavango Delta—plus a visit to mighty Victoria Falls for good measure! And it's not just destinations that are diverse; we include a host of different activities, too, from classic game drives to guided safari walks, poled mokoro (canoe) excursions, boat rides and even a quad bike outing across the salt pans. No one will be remotely bored on this exciting journey.
- Private Reserves Offer Special Activities
Rather than staying in more heavily visited national parks, we concentrate on remote, uncrowded private reserves. Here, in addition to traditional wildlife drives, we have the chance to get out of the truck (always important with kids) and enjoy safely guided bush walks in the company of our Expedition Leader. In addition, we take exciting night drives in search of nocturnal creatures. These are exclusive
advantages,since these activities are not permitted in the national parks.
- Small, Secluded Camps Offer Memorable Accommodations
Ambiance means a lot on safari. So does your proximity to the animal life that your family traveled so far to see. Stay at intimate, isolated camps that immerse us in nature amid profuse wildlife, rather than other tourists.
- Chartered Flights Maximize Your Comfort and Time
Rather than subject your family
tolong, rough overland drives, we opt for light aircraft transfers between camps and regions. This means you have more time to spend on safari making great memories together—plus you’ll have some pretty amazing aerial views of Botswana’s varied landscapes and their wild inhabitants.
- Helicopter Flightseeing Across the Kalahari
We've chartered helicopters to whisk you over the Kalahari Desert with its glittering salt pans, instead of a long, dusty drive. You'll gain a vantage you'd never get otherwise, and you'll have a chance to see roving wildlife from the air, including Africa's second largest migration of wildebeest and zebra. Just three travelers per helicopter
ensuresgreat vistas and photos.
- Open "Window" Seats Are A Priority
The private state-of-the-art safari vehicles we charter have open sides and nine cushioned passenger seats or shared benches—one in front next to the driver, followed by three rows of three seats each—though we limit our capacity to just seven travelers in each vehicle on wildlife drives for maximum comfort, viewing and photo opportunities. This means a window seat for everyone, though extra-secure middle seats are available for the littlest
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet. Our Family Botswana Safari includes your own private Expedition Leader for the duration of the trip. Our Safari Expedition Leaders are the most highly trained guides in Africa, renowned for providing exceptional service. The guides who lead our family safaris have a special rapport with kids and a knack for discerning and balancing the needs and interests of different generations traveling together. Our Expedition Leaders average 15 years' guiding experience in Africa, and their training is enhanced by access to resources from WWF’s top scientists. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders. In addition, we have support from well-qualified local camp guides who assist with driving and interpretation at each location.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Family Safari
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!