- Ride the Train to the MatterhornRide first-class on the famous Glacier Express between two of the most iconic Swiss mountain towns, St. Moritz and Zermatt, concluding at the base of the Matterhorn
- Sleep Under the Stars in the AlpsOvernight at an observatory, sleeping at high altitude in the Alps under the Milky Way, then wake to unobstructed views of a massive glacier and Europe's second tallest peak
- Explore by Rail, Boat & on FootLook for wildlife in Swiss National Park, cruise Lake Geneva, and survey the Bernese peaks of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau via cable car, cog railway and gondola
Switzerland Is for Nature Lovers
Switzerland is hardly an undiscovered European travel destination. But there are more secluded sides of it that few slow down enough to see. Our itinerary is meticulously crafted for the wildest possible encounters with Swiss natural wonders, while enjoying the comfort of remote luxury lodges.
- A Distinctive Nature Focus
Our focus is Switzerland's wild side, from the Bernese Alps to remote mountain lakes, a national park and lesser-known local conservation areas adjacent to globally famous resorts. While we don't skip special cultural highlights like Montreux's world-famous wine terraces, our aim is to immerse you in Switzerland's most astounding natural landscapes, whether by cog rail, gondola or hiking trail.
- Enjoy Alpine Views from Unique Boutique Lodges
Special accommodations in nature enhance your trip. Stay at a remote scientific research outpost at Kulmhotel Gornergrat. In Murren, access our guesthouse on the steep mountain slopes by gondola. And when we're in iconic alpine towns like St. Moritz, Montreux and Zermatt, boutique lodges offer sweeping mountain views from your bedroom window, plus close access to nature adventures.
- Travel with Just 13 Guests...and TWO Expedition Leaders
With a small group, we can explore Switzerland's more remote nature highlights and stay in intimate historic hotels off limits to bus tours. With fewer people, you get a much more peaceful experience. And with two guides, we can break into even smaller groups for activities with varying levels of physical exertion (you choose)...and you're sure to get the personalized attention you deserve.
- First-Class Rail Travel aboard the Glacier Express
Riding the Glacier Express through the Swiss Alps is a bucket-list railway experience—and we do it in style, traveling first class in panoramic rail cars from St. Moritz to Zermatt.
- See Globally Recognized Natural Treasures
Switzerland is a country that works hard to conserve its alpine beauty and natural resources. We include several of its proudest conservation achievements, from the 100+-year-old Swiss National Park to hiking in UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Lake Oeschinen and Jungfrau-Aletsch.
- Outstanding Naturalist Expedition Leaders
With a deep knowledge Switzerland's Alpine geology and range of ecosystems, your two Expedition Leaders will enhance your adventure in a way that makes you feel enlightened and well cared for. Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures a Rewarding Switzerland Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you get our exclusive guarantee, promising that we will meet the lofty expectations set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most impressive guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We all care about the planet, and you can travel knowing that the emissions from your trip are 100% carbon-offset—Natural Habitat Adventures is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company. And we continue to set the bar higher in sustainable travel practices worldwide.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel as well as the exceptional quality of our worldwide adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!