BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
- Explore a Swiss National ParkHike in search of native wildlife in the Alps' oldest national park, a strictly protected nature reserve home to ibex, chamois, bearded vultures and more
- Survey the Alps from GornergratAscend by cog railway to overnight on the 10,825' summit of Gornergrat, with unobstructed views of the Matterhorn, Monte Rosa Massif and Gorner Glacier
- Travel First-Class on the Glacier ExpressRide the famous narrow-gauge train between St. Moritz and Zermatt, winding through glorious alpine terrain to end at the base of the Matterhorn
An Unsurpassed Encounter with Swiss Nature
Switzerland is hardly an undiscovered destination. But there are more secluded sides of it that few slow down enough to see. Our itinerary is meticulously crafted for the wildest possible encounters with Swiss natural wonders while enjoying the comfort of luxury mountain inns.
- A Distinct Nature Focus
Our emphasis is Switzerland's natural beauty, from the Bernese Alps to remote mountain lakes, the country's only national park (which is surprisingly lightly visited), and lesser-known local conservation areas adjacent to globally famous resorts. While we include some special cultural highlights like Montreux's world-famous wine terraces, our aim is a total immersion in Switzerland's stunning natural landscapes, whether by cog rail, train, gondola or hiking trail.
- Travel with Just 13 Guests...and TWO Expedition Leaders
With a small group, we can explore Switzerland's more remote nature highlights and stay in intimate and historic inns off limits to big bus tours. With fewer people, you enjoy a peaceful, personalized experience. And with two guides, we can divide into even smaller groups for activities with varying levels of physical exertion—the choice is yours!
- Survey Alpine Views from Distinctive Boutique Lodges
Carefully chosen accommodations steeped in local character enhance your trip. In the pedestrian village of Murren, we access our guesthouse on the steep mountain slopes by gondola. And when we're in iconic alpine towns like St. Moritz and Zermatt, boutique lodges offer fabulous mountain views and close access to nature adventures.
- First-Class Rail Travel aboard the Glacier Express
Riding the Glacier Express on an all-day journey through the Swiss Alps is a bucket-list railway experience—and we do it in style, traveling first class on the scenic route from St. Moritz to Zermatt in rail cars with panoramic windows.
- Visit Globally Recognized Natural Treasures
Switzerland is a country that works hard to conserve its alpine beauty and natural resources. We include several of its proudest conservation achievements, from the 100+-year-old Swiss National Park to hiking in UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Jungfrau-Aletsch.
- Outstanding Naturalist Expedition Leaders
With a deep knowledge of Switzerland's alpine geology and range of ecosystems, our two Expedition Leaders will enhance your adventure in a way that makes you feel enlightened as well as personally cared for. Read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures a Rewarding Switzerland Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you get our exclusive guarantee, promising that we will meet the lofty expectations set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most impressive guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel as well as the exceptional quality of our worldwide adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!