COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements for Remote Peaks & Meadows of the Canadian Rockies
This information applies to all Remote Peaks & Meadows of the Canadian Rockies trips.
To Join Your Trip:OVERVIEW
- Nat Hab requires all guests 5 and older to be fully vaccinated in order to participate. Fully vaccinated guests should upload their vaccination card to their Adventure Portal prior to departure.
- Please be sure to bring your original vaccination card with you on the trip as many Canadian businesses such as restaurants may require it for entry.
- Starting April 1, vaccinated travelers are no longer required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for entry into Canada.
- Non-Canadian travelers must submit arrival and vaccination information into the ArriveCAN app within 72 hours of arrival.
FOR NON-CANADIAN TRAVELERS
All travelers, whether entering Canada by air, land or marine vessel, must meet the following requirements as outlined on Canada's Travel and Tourism website:
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or combination of accepted vaccines (see list below of accepted vaccines).
- Have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada.
Final determination of entry eligibility and quarantine requirements will be made by a government official at the border, based on the information presented at entry into Canada. Using a new border testing surveillance program at airports and land border crossings, fully vaccinated travelers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 Covid-19 molecular test.
All travelers, whether entering Canada by air, land or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN. You'll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada. ArriveCAN is a website and also a mobile app where you'll need to answer questions about your travel to Canada and upload your vaccination information.
For additional information on ArriveCAN, please click here.
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada:
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson
As of April 1, vaccinated travelers no longer need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test for entry into Canada.
For more information, please visit: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
During Your Trip:COVID-19 TESTING
No pre-trip test is required for fully vaccinated guests to join their trip; however, all Nat Hab guests are required to test negative on a COVID-19 test, which Nat Hab will facilitate, at the start of their trip. Before you depart, we also recommend taking a COVID-19 test. After all, no one wants to travel halfway around the world and then test positive! Please note that you are responsible for knowing the requirements in place for any countries you are transiting through en route to your trip destination.
To Return Home to the United States:Starting June 12, 2022, a negative COVID-19 test to re-enter the U.S. is no longer required. If you were charged for this test along with your final balance, you will be refunded. This government mandate is reevaluated every 90 days. If you require a COVID-19 test for your home country or onward travels, we will be happy to help direct you towards online resources for obtaining the required test, though you will need to arrange and pay for the test on your own.
For more information about the CDC’s current requirements, please visit cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Some airlines, depending upon the country you are departing from and/or the country you are connecting through, may require a COVID-19 test prior to your flight’s departure. Please be sure to research your airline’s requirements for your specific flight routing. If you will require testing, please let our Adventure Concierge team know prior to departure so they can direct you to online resources to book your own test.
We also recommend double-checking your on-board mask requirements with the airline you are using to travel abroad.
EXTENDING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
If you have booked an extension through Nat Hab to another country, Nat Hab will facilitate any testing required for entry into that country. Please see your extension itinerary for specific details.