COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements for India Trips
This information applies to all India trips.
To Join Your Trip:COVID-19 VACCINATIONS
- As of January 1, 2022, all guests 5 and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated guests should upload their vaccination card to their Adventure Portal prior to departure.
- You must travel with your original vaccination card showing that you received a complete series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine to present on arrival in India
- Guests must have received their last (full) vaccination dose at least 14 days prior to the day of arrival into India.
- All vaccines recognized by the WHO or countries with mutual recognition of vaccine certificates with India are accepted.
- All guests must bring a printed copy of their original vaccination card to India showing that they received a complete series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
For trips departing on or after March 5, 2022:
- Neither India nor Nat Hab requires a COVID-19 test in advance of arrival for fully vaccinated guests.
- However, all Nat Hab guests are required to test negative on a COVID-19 test within 24 hours of joining the group, which we will facilitate at the start of your trip.
- For guests traveling to Ladakh on our Snow Leopard departures, a PCR test is required by the local government for entry and results must be received before boarding our flight to Leh on Day 2. Again, Nat Hab will facilitate this test on arrival. Please contact our office if you are arriving later than 10 am on Day 1 to discuss alternate testing arrangements/options.
- Before you depart for India, we highly recommend taking a COVID-19 test. After all, no one wants to travel halfway around the world and then test positive on arrival!
- Please note that you are responsible for knowing the requirements in place for any countries you are transiting through en route to your trip destination.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
1. Traveler Health Self Declaration
All guests are required to fill out and submit a Traveler Health Self Declaration Form prior to departure. This form can be found on the Air Suvidha online portal, which can be found here: www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration. A scan of your passport and vaccination card must be uploaded to your form.
Instructions for Completing this Online Form
Prior to starting the form, please have the following documents saved on your computer:
- Scan of the full photo and signature pages of your passport. The name of your file can contain the “_” symbol, but cannot have any spaces (i.e. johnsmithpassport or john_smith_passport).
- Scan of your original vaccination card. The name of your file can contain the “_” symbol, but cannot have any spaces (i.e. johnsmithvaccinationcard or john_smith_vaccinationcard).
- You must also have the following information:
-Passenger name record (PNR) or record locator (six-digit reference)
-Flight number (for your flight arriving into India)
-Seat number (for your flight arriving into India)
-Date of arrival into India (not the date of your flight’s departure)
-When asked for your Address/Final Destination in India. Please list the following:
House Number: Taj Mahal Hotel
Street/Village: Number One, Man Singh Rd, Man Singh Road Area
Tehsil: New Delhi
Union Territories: Delhi
District/City: New Delhi
Mobile Number: +91 9871441845
Alternate Contact Number: +91 9818077955
Email ID: please add your own personal email here
When asked for 'Details of Countries visited in last 14 days,' please leave this section blank or write "No." You could be flagged upon arrival if you list any countries of concern, so we recommend that you do not list anything in this box, regardless of recent your travel history.
Once you complete and submit this form, a copy of the form will be emailed back to you. You must print a copy of this form and carry the copy with you to India.
2. Passenger Information Report (PIR)
Some airlines may require you to complete an online Passenger Information Report (PIR) prior to departure. If your specific airline requires this information, you should receive an email with a link where you can submit this information online. You may require some of the above information, plus you may be asked to upload a scan of the Air Suvidha form that will be sent back to you.
Upon Arrival in India:
- Thermal screening will be performed on all travelers at the airport.
- Your vaccination card and Traveler Health Declaration form will be checked at this time.
- To increase safety on our trips and reduce the risk of possible COVID-19 exposure, Nat Hab will be facilitating a rapid test on Day 1 of your adventure at the hotel prior to meeting the group. Our local representative will provide more details upon arrival. This will be at no additional charge to you.
- Please note even if you are traveling with proof of recovery, you will still need to test negative on our Day 1 test.
At Trip End:RETURNING TO THE UNITED STATES
Starting June 12, 2022, a negative COVID-19 test to re-enter the U.S. is no longer required. This government mandate is reevaluated every 90 days. If you require a COVID-19 test for your home country or onward travels, we will be happy to help direct you towards resources for obtaining the required test, though you will need to arrange and pay for the test on your own.
For more information about the CDC’s current requirements, please visit cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Some airlines, depending upon the country you are departing from and/or the country you are connecting through, may require a COVID-19 test prior to your flight’s departure. Please be sure to research your airline’s requirements for your specific flight routing. If you will require testing, please let our Adventure Concierge team know prior to departure so they can direct you to resources to book your own test.
We also recommend double-checking your on-board mask requirements with the airline you are using to travel abroad.
EXTENDING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
If you have booked an extension through Nat Hab to another country, Nat Hab will facilitate any testing required for entry into that country. Please see your extension itinerary for specific details.