- Close Encounters with OrangutansObserve wild orangutans living freely in the rain forest, and learn about crucial efforts to conserve them at two rehabilitation centers
- Private Tour of Sun Bear Rehabilitation CenterBehind the scenes, hear the inspiring success story of how the world’s smallest bear was brought back from the brink of extinction
- Explore Ancient Tropical Rain ForestDeep in the Danum Valley, search for proboscis monkeys, gibbons and the slow loris, and scout for pygmy elephants along the Kinabatangan River
See More of Borneo's Natural Wonders When You Travel With Nat Hab
- More Diverse Wildlife Viewing in Widely Varied Settings
This is a comprehensive nature survey of Borneo, encompassing diverse ecosystems: the jungle sanctuaries of Sepilok, Semenggoh and Kinabatangan, mangroves in Bako National Park, Selingan Turtle Island, and virgin
rain forestin the Danum Valley. In these contrasting locales, search for endangered orangutan, pygmy elephant, Bornean bearded pig, smooth-coated otter, long- and pig-tailed macaques, monitor lizard, proboscismonkey, rhinoceros hornbill, silvered leaf monkey and numerous tropical bird species—for starters!
- A Small Group Ensures More
Wildlife encounters happen most meaningfully in an intimate context. Our groups are limited to just 12 travelers—and only nine guests on photo departures—enabling a quiet, low-impact experience.
- Internal Flights Enhance Comfort & More Time
Rather than subject you
tolong, winding, often bumpy drives, we use air transfers for comfort and efficiency. Two internal flights get you between destinations faster, giving you more time with nature and wildlife.
- Visit Two Different Orangutan Sanctuaries
A chance to see orangutans is a big reason for coming to Borneo. We maximize your opportunities in two different locations: Sepilok and Semenggoh nature reserves. Semenggoh focuses on the study of orangutan biology and behavior while providing a safe and natural haven for dozens of semi-wild orangutans that are graduates of its original rehabilitation program.
- See Green Sea Turtle Hatchlings Reach the Sea
Spending a night on Selingan Turtle Island, protected habitat for endangered green sea turtles, we expect the rare opportunity to observe these pelagic reptiles coming ashore to lay their eggs, then watch in wonder as tiny hatchlings are released to scurry over the beach into the Sulu Sea.
- From Riverside to Rain Forest, Stay Closer to Borneo's Wildlife
Our accommodations are selected for their quality, atmosphere and secluded locations, getting you as close as possible to nature in the most comfortable settings. From our eco-resort near an orangutan sanctuary to a remote eco
lodgeon the Kinabatangan River and our lodge in Danum Valley that overlooks primary growth rain forest, you are immersed in wild Borneo.
- Travel with An Expedition Leader Plus Top Local Guides
Our Nat Hab Expedition Leaders are seasoned guides and natural history experts. In addition, they receive special training and resources provided by WWF scientists. They are also assisted by Borneo’s best local guides during each segment of our trip. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures You’ll Have an Outstanding Trip
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!