Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Close Encounters with OrangutansObserve orangutans living freely in their rain forest habitat, and learn about efforts to conserve them at two rehabilitation centers
- See Baby Sea Turtles ReleasedWitness endangered green sea turtles swim ashore to lay eggs on Selingan Turtle Island, and watch tiny hatchlings released into the sea
- View Diverse Rain Forest WildlifeDeep in the Danum Valley, search for monkeys, gibbons and tropical birds, and scout for pygmy elephants along the Kinabatangan River
See More of Borneo's Natural Wonders When You Travel With Nat Hab
- More Diverse Wildlife Viewing in Widely Varied Settings
This is a comprehensive nature survey of Borneo, encompassing diverse ecosystems. We explore the jungle sanctuaries of Sepilok, Semenggoh and Kinabatangan, mangroves in Bako National Park, Selingan Turtle Island, and virgin
rain forestin the Danum Valley. In these contrasting locales, search for the endangered orangutan, pygmy elephant, Bornean bearded pig, smooth-coated otter, long- and pig-tailed macaques, monitor lizard, proboscismonkey, rhinoceros hornbill, silvered leaf monkey and numerous tropical bird species—for starters!
- A Small Group Ensures More
Wildlife encounters happen most meaningfully in an intimate context. Our groups are limited to just 12 travelers—and only 9 guests on photo departures—enabling a quiet, low-impact experience. We are also best able to meet individual needs and desires in a small-group setting.
- Internal Flights Reduce Driving & Add More Time
Rather than subject you
tolong, winding, often bumpy drives, we use air transfers for comfort and efficiency. We've included two flights in our itinerary, in order to get you between destinations faster and allow you to spend more time experiencing nature and wildlife.
- Visit Two Different Orangutan Sanctuaries
A chance to see orangutans is a big reason for coming to Borneo. So we maximize your opportunities to observe them in two different locations: Sepilok and Semenggoh nature reserves. Semenggoh focuses on the study of orangutan biology and behavior while providing a safe and natural haven for dozens of semi-wild orangutans that are graduates of its original rehabilitation program.
- A Rare Chance to See Green Sea Turtle Hatchlings Reach the Sea
Spending a night on Selingan Turtle Island, protected habitat for endangered green sea turtles, we expect to observe these pelagic reptiles coming ashore to lay their eggs, then watch in wonder as tiny hatchlings are released to scurry over the beach into the Sulu Sea.
- From Riverside to Rain Forest, Stay Closer to Borneo's Wildlife
Compare carefully: our accommodations are selected for their quality, atmosphere and secluded locations, putting you as close as possible to nature in the most authentic and comfortable settings. From our nature resort near an orangutan sanctuary to a remote
ecolodgeon the Kinabatangan River and our lodge in Danum Valley that overlooks primary growth rain forest, our accommodations immerse you in wild Borneo.
- Travel with an Expert Naturalist Expedition Leader and Top Local Guides
Our Nat Hab Expedition Leaders are natural history experts who average 15 years' guiding experience. In addition, they receive special training provided by WWF scientists. With WWF’s resources at their fingertips—and assisted by Borneo’s best local guides during each segment of our trip—your adventure is sure to be a journey of enlightenment! See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures You’ll Have an Outstanding Trip
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!