Book With Confidence!
- A Unique & Diverse Nature AdventureOn an insider’s discovery of two contrasting Himalayan realms, find a distinctive focus on nature, scenery, wildlife and varied ecosystems
- Jungle Wildlife in ChitwanExplore Nepal's Chitwan National Park, home to Asian elephant, one-horned rhinoceros, sloth bear, spotted deer, golden jackal and more
- Ancient Cultural TreasuresVisit Taktsang Monastery, Bhutan's famous “Tiger’s Nest” temple, steeped in legend and perched half a mile up on a sheer mountain cliff
A Two-Country Combo with a Unique Itinerary
- A Unique Nature-Intensive Itinerary
Our itinerary combines highlights of two countries and offers an unusual combination of nature and culture rarely presented together. We search for native wildlife, such as Asian elephant and rhinos, in Nepal and cross alpine passes in Bhutan—and we also experience each country's Buddhist and Hindu heritage expressed in rich architectural and religious sites.
- Spend Three Days Tracking Wildlife in the Jungles of Nepal
Nepal is known for its Himalayan heights, but its lowlands—called the Terai—are where its most abundant wildlife resides. We stay at a secluded luxury ecolodge near Chitwan National Park, Nepal’s premier wildlife reserve, and the lodge boasts high sightings of one-horned rhinoceros, crocodile
andgharial. We may also see wild Asian elephant, leopard, sloth bear, wild boar, crocodile, sambar deer and monkeys— and,if we’re extremely lucky, the elusive Bengal tiger.
- Visit Bhutan’s Motithang Takin Reserve
While stunning mountainscapes and a rich Buddhist heritage are Bhutan’s greatest draws for most travelers, a visit to this wildlife reserve is a special highlight. The takin, a large, shaggy ungulate related to the muskox, is Bhutan’s national animal, and we’ll likely enjoy close-up views here, as well as sightings of sambar and barking deer.
- Enjoy Outstanding Birdwatching
In addition to the varied mammals we may spot, Chitwan abounds in bird species—more than 500 are found in the vicinity of our lodge—and we’ll likely see plenty in Bhutan as well. Even casual birdwatchers will enjoy the avian elements of our adventure. Bring your binoculars!
- A Diverse Itinerary Filled with Varied Activities
This unusual trip includes an engaging mix of activities: wildlife drives, guided nature walks and canoe rides, plus cultural experiences in Kathmandu and Bhutan. If you’re the kind of traveler who finds everything interesting, this trip is for you!
- A Small Group for More Meaningful Experiences
Because we know that both wildlife and cultural encounters are best enjoyed in intimate settings, we travel with no more than 11 guests—ensuring quiet moments with wildlife and personal interaction with the people we will meet.
- Travel with Superb Guides
At Nat Hab, we’ve developed a global reputation for the world’s best guides, because we know guides are the key to making a good trip truly great. In Bhutan, our own Expedition Leader is paired with an outstanding local Bhutanese guide, ensuring the ideal complement of trip management expertise, attentive personal service and insider insight. Our highly trained Expedition Leader oversees your trip from start to finish, while our knowledgeable local guides add in-depth understanding of local culture and wildlife. Our Expedition Leaders average 15 years of guiding experience—read our Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Outstanding Himalayan Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!