Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Best Time of Year to Spot TigersVisit Ranthambore National Park at the best time of year for tiger sightings, as warmer weather draws tigers into the open in search of water
- See Other Wildlife, TooLook for diverse jungle species: the park's dry deciduous habitat is home to sloth bear, leopard, sambar, chital, langur monkeys and more
- India's Premier Naturalist GuidesTravel with top guides who are tiger experts, conservationists and photography pros—superb interpreters of this wildlife-rich ecosystem
What Makes This Tiger Safari Tops?
- A Compact Itinerary Focused on Finding Tigers
In just a week's time, we get you into the heart of Bengal tiger habitat with multiple opportunities to search for these charismatic cats in India's premier tiger park. If your main goal in coming to India is to see and photograph wild tigers, this trip maximizes your chances.
- The Best Location at the Best Season for Sightings
Ranthambore National Park in eastern Rajasthan is legendary tiger country. Though it's hot when we visit, this increases your chances of seeing tigers, since they must emerge from shade and seclusion in the bushes in order to drink water twice daily. Our best chances to see them will be at these waterholes. Other wildlife must come out in search of water, too, and we're likely to have excellent chances to photograph a wide array of native species.
- Small Groups Maximize Your Intimate Tiger Experience
We cap our small groups at just 11 travelers, with 4 guests per safari vehicle. And our special photo safaris are capped at 6 travelers, with just 2 guests per vehicle. This means a quieter experience and personal attention from our naturalist Expedition Leader. And it minimizes the impact of our presence and assures you a "window" seat in our open 4x4 vehicles. It also leaves you room to carry all your gear comfortably, and the flexibility for us to adapt to changing conditions (light, weather, animal movements) in a way that maximizes photo opportunities.
- India's Top Naturalist Guides & Photo Pros Lead Our Trips
Our Expedition Leaders are highly trained and certified naturalist guides with in-depth knowledge of the Indian bush and the creatures that live there. On our photo safaris, Expedition Leaders are accomplished photographers ready with coaching and tips to help you get the wildlife photographs you’ve dreamed of. Most of our guides average 15 years of experience in the field. We know that a nature trip is only as good as the guide, and that’s why we take pride in hiring the world’s best! See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Emphasis is Nature, but We Add a Touch of History and Culture in Delhi
Most India tours immerse you in crowds of people in urban environments, rather than the country's wild places. In contrast, nearly all our time is spent tracking tigers...but, since we fly in and out of Delhi, we include a half-day tour of India’s vibrant capital. With a wealth of cultural treasures and engaging human interactions, it's quite a counterpoint to the vast, natural expanse of Ranthambore that's our primary focus.
- Extra Value for Your Travel Dollar
While we are coming to India at the optimal time of year to see tigers, this is otherwise an off-peak trip, meaning your cost is lower than for most India tours. Take advantage of great value pricing for this top-quality small-group trip—when tiger sighting odds are best!
- Our Presence Directly Helps India's Tiger Numbers
After years of plummeting tiger numbers, India charted a 30% rise in its 2014 quadrennial tiger census, compared to 2010. Conservation groups attribute some of that growth to sustainable ecotourism, of which we are
a part. The economic impact of visitors to India's tiger reserves benefits the surrounding communities, providing jobs and offering local people an incentive to protect the wildlife with which they share the land. Given that India is home to 70% of the world's remaining wild tigers, the presence of wildlife tourism here is integral to that continued success.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your India Tiger Adventure is Second-to-None
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive quality-value guarantee that promises we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is World Wildlife Fund's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!