Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- Best Time of Year for Tiger PhotographyVisit Ranthambore National Park at the optimal time for tiger sightings, as warmer weather draws tigers into the open in search of water
- Diverse Jungle Wildlife ViewingLook for a multitude of jungle species: the park's dry deciduous habitat is home to sloth bear, leopard, sambar, chital, langur monkeys and much more
- Explore with India's Top Naturalist GuidesTravel with premier guides who are tiger experts, conservationists and photography pros—superb interpreters of this wildlife-rich ecosystem
What Makes This Tiger Safari Tops?
- A Compact Itinerary Focused on Finding Tigers
In just a week's time, we get you into the heart of Bengal tiger habitat with multiple opportunities to search for these charismatic cats in India's premier tiger park. If your main goal in coming to India is to see and photograph wild tigers, this trip maximizes your chances.
- The Best Location at the Best Season for Sightings
Ranthambore National Park in eastern Rajasthan is legendary tiger country. Though it's hot when we visit, this increases our chances of seeing tigers, since they must emerge from shade and seclusion in the bushes in order to drink water twice daily. Our best opportunity to see them will be at these waterholes. Other wildlife must come out in search of water, too, and we're likely to have excellent chances to photograph a wide array of native species.
- A Small Group for a More Intimate Tiger Experience
We cap our groups at just six travelers, with only two guests per safari vehicle. This means a less-intrusive presence, a quieter experience, and personalized attention from our naturalist Expedition Leader. You're assured a "window" seat in our open 4x4 vehicles. There's also room to carry all your gear comfortably, and flexibility for us to adapt to changing conditions (light, weather, animal movements) in order to maximize photo opportunities.
- India's Top Naturalist Guides Lead Our Trips
Our Expedition Leaders are highly trained and certified naturalist guides with in-depth knowledge of the Indian bush and the creatures that live there. Expedition Leaders are also accomplished photographers ready with coaching and tips to help you get the tiger photos you’ve dreamed of. Most of our guides average 15 years of experience in the field. We know that a nature expedition is only as good as the guide, and that’s why we take pride in hiring the world’s best! See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Emphasis is Nature, but We Add a Touch of History and Culture, Too
Most India tours immerse you in crowded urban environments, rather than the country's wild places. In contrast, nearly all our time is spent tracking tigers...but, since we fly in and out of Delhi, we include a half-day tour of India’s vibrant capital. With a wealth of cultural treasures and engaging human interactions, it's an engaging counterpoint to the vast natural expanse of Ranthambore that is our primary focus.
- Extra Value for Your Travel Dollar
While we are coming to India at the optimal time of year to see tigers, this is otherwise an off-peak trip, meaning your cost is lower than for most India tours. Take advantage of great value pricing for this top-quality small-group trip—when tiger sighting odds are best!
- Our Presence Directly Helps Boost India's Tiger Numbers
After years of precipitously declining tiger numbers, India is charting steady increases. Its 2018 quadrennial tiger census counted 2,967 tigers, a 33% rise over the 2014 census, which was also up 30% from 2010. Conservation groups attribute a share of the increase to responsible ecotourism. The economic value of visitors to India's tiger reserves benefits local communities, offering people an incentive to protect the wildlife they share the land with. Given that India is home to 70% of the world's remaining wild tigers, our presence here for wildlife tourism here is integral to that continued success.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your India Tiger Adventure is Second-to-None
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive quality-value guarantee that promises we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is World Wildlife Fund's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world's leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat Adventures its worldwide travel partner—a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!