Click here to learn about our special photography departures.
- More Chances to See WildlifeOur wide-ranging itinerary gets you proximate to more wildlife in remote locales—including close-up photo encounters with the brown bears of Brooks Falls!
- Go Deeper into DenaliSpend two nights in genuine wilderness at a backcountry lodge deep inside the park—close to North America's tallest mountain and far from crowds
- Stay on a Private IslandCruise Kenai Fjords aboard our chartered boat, surrounded by glaciers, seabirds and marine wildlife, and stay in quiet isolation on private Fox Island
Want to See the Real Alaska? Choose Nat Hab
- Just 14 Travelers for a Richer Experience of Alaska
With a maximum of 14 guests, you’ll enjoy plenty of space on our vehicles, personalized attention from your Expedition Leader, and, most importantly, quieter nature experiences you simply can't get as part of a large bus tour or aboard a huge cruise ship with thousands of other passengers. It's a totally different way to discover Alaska!
- The Optimal Alaska Wildlife Itinerary
Our itinerary, designed in conjunction with WWF, offers the best chances to see Alaska's famous wildlife, from the megafauna of Denali to the sealife of Kenai Fjords. We've enhanced it annually for more than 25 years to create a flagship Alaska adventure in which we take great pride!
- Stay in the Remote Backcountry of Denali National Park
We journey 90 miles into the wild heart of Denali National Park to spend two nights at a comfortable backcountry lodge. With us, you'll get a genuine wilderness immersion far from crowds, enjoying guided hikes and other activities in relative solitude. Most visitors to Denali see little beyond the park entrance where thousands of other guests congregate. There's truly no comparison!
- Cruise Kenai Fjords Aboard Our Private Chartered Boat
View glaciers, icebergs, whales, seals, sea lions, otters and abundant birdlife in Kenai Fjords National Park aboard our private chartered boat, rather than from the crowded deck of an excursion boat or a cruise ship carrying thousands.
- Stay on a Private Island in Kenai Fjords
Overnight at a secluded beachfront lodge on private Fox Island in Kenai Fjords, for a rare experience of genuine solitude in the Alaskan wilderness.
- See the Famous Brown Bears of Brooks Falls
Very few Alaska tour itineraries include a visit to Katmai National Park to view the legendary brown bears fishing at world-famous Brooks Falls. With us, you'll see the world's largest coastal grizzlies up close! A few departures are based directly at Brooks Camp near the falls, while the rest enjoy a luxurious base at Gold Creek Lodge in nearby King Salmon. From here, we fly by floatplane for our daily excursions to the Brooks River area. You’ll never get this experience via cruise ship or tour bus!
- The World's Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is renowned for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet. Our Alaska Expedition Leaders average more than 15 years’ guiding experience and receive additional training from WWF scientists. Expedition Leaders remain with our private groups throughout the entire itinerary. They are not “ship lecturers” or lodge-based guides who see different travelers every day. Rather, they are
the Alaska’smost qualified, dedicated and passionate natural history guides, regaling our guests with their insights into the region while remaining close at hand to ensure safety and comfort in every respect. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Alaska Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!