- An Exclusive Encounter with Mighty Brown BearsSpend intimate, unhurried time with brown bears on one of the few comprehensive Alaska itineraries that includes a fly-in wilderness experience on Alaska’s Bear Coast
- Fly by Chartered Helicopter to the Denali BackcountryFly over endless wilderness and past the icy slopes of Denali to access our remote backcountry lodge, and search for wildlife in Denali Park's farthest reaches in virtual solitude
- Stay on a Private Island on the Edge of Kenai FjordsCruise Kenai Fjords National Park aboard our chartered boat, surrounded by glaciers, seabirds and abundant marine mammals, and stay on an isolated beach on Fox Island
Highlight 1 title
Highlight 1 description
Highlight 2 title
Highlight 2 description
Highlight 3 title
Highlight 3 description
Photo Departures Available
Want to See the Real Alaska? Choose Nat Hab
- A Small Group for a Richer Nature Experience
With a maximum of 14 travelers, you’ll enjoy plenty of room on our vehicles, personalized attention from your Expedition Leader, and, most importantly, quieter and more immersive nature experiences you can't get as part of a large bus tour or aboard a huge cruise ship with thousands of other passengers.
- The Optimal Alaska Wildlife Itinerary
Our itinerary offers the best chances to see Alaska's famous wildlife, from the brown bears of Lake Clark National Park and Brooks Falls—famous for its leaping salmon—to the marine life of Kenai Fjords. We've enhanced it annually for more than 30 years to create a flagship Alaska adventure in which we take great pride.
- Cover More Terrain Via More Transportation Modes
Alaska is so big that locals like to threaten cocky Texans with cutting Alaska in half to make Texas the third-largest state! Point being, there's a lot to explore here, and a lot of ground to cover. We show you only a portion of the 49th State's 365 million acres—but it's a grand and diverse portion, covering more than 2,000 linear miles via bush plane, floatplane, helicopter, train, boat and mini bus.
- Private Helicopter Flight to the Denali Backcountry
Board a chartered helicopter and fly 90 miles to Denali Backcountry Lodge, deep inside the national park and currently inaccessible by road—with exhilarating views of the mountain and, hopefully, wildlife below. Due to a massive landslide, the park road is closed until at least 2026, and very few visitors will have the chance to see much beyond the park entrance. But you will!
- Cruise Kenai Fjords Aboard Our Private Chartered Boat
View glaciers, icebergs, whales, seals, sea lions, otters and abundant birdlife in Kenai Fjords National Park aboard our private chartered boat, rather than from the crowded deck of an excursion boat or a cruise ship carrying thousands.
- Stay on a Private Island in Kenai Fjords
Overnight at a secluded beachfront lodge on private Fox Island in Kenai Fjords, for a rare experience of genuine solitude in the Alaskan wilderness.
- See Brown Bears Up Close on Alaska's Bear Coast
Very few Alaska tour itineraries include bear viewing on the Alaska Peninsula, home to North America's densest brown bear population. Depending on the time of summer you travel, you'll spend unhurried time with the bears where seasonal conditions assure the best viewing. June departures spend two nights at Nat Hab's Alaska Bear Camp on a private inholding in Lake Clark National Park and one day on the Katmai Coast via private helicopter, while July and August departures visit Katmai National Park to view the legendary brown bears fishing at world-famous Brooks Falls. From the "rustic luxury" of our base at Gold Creek Lodge in nearby King Salmon, we fly by floatplane for daily excursions to the Brooks River and Falls area. You’ll never get this experience via cruise ship or tour bus!
- The World's Finest Naturalist Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is renowned for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet, and our Alaska Expedition Leaders receive additional training and resources from WWF scientists. Expedition Leaders remain with our private groups throughout the entire itinerary. They are not “ship lecturers” or lodge-based guides who see different travelers every day. Rather, they are
the Alaska’smost qualified, dedicated and passionate natural history guides, regaling our guests with their insights and expertise while ensuring your safety and comfort. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Alaska Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Nat Hab is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!