BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
- A Pioneering Safari ApproachOn a private voyage aboard a small luxury ship for just 16 guests, explore the islands, inlets and inland wildlife realms of vast Lake Kariba
- Outstanding Private Wildlife ViewingDiscover Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe’s largest protected area and wildlife crown jewel, from the seclusion of a private concession
- Diverse Adventures in Four ParksExplore by boat, on foot and by 4x4 safari truck on a comprehensive itinerary that features four national parks—including Victoria Falls!
A Unique Combination Safari on Land and Water
- Explore One of the World’s Largest Lakes Aboard a Deluxe Riverboat
The centerpiece of this exclusive safari is a private 3-night exploration on Lake Kariba, the world's largest manmade lake. Aboard the Zimbabwean Dream, an elegant new riverboat built for African waters, we have access to a vast expanse far off the conventional safari circuit—including Matusadona National Park bordering the lake. With eight cabin suites, the ship accommodates a maximum of just 16 guests.
- Bookend Your Time on the Water with Top Wildlife Viewing Locations
Before and after our voyage on Lake Kariba, enjoy land safaris in two outstanding wildlife sanctuaries. Discover Hwange National Park, famed for its huge herds of elephant and buffalo, and its healthy predator populations. Then, depending upon your route, finish up in Mana Pools National Park, a secluded wildlife haven on the Lower Zambezi floodplains, or Chobe National Park in Botswana—both are home to prolific hippo, crocodile and diverse hoofed game.
- Visit Four Different National Parks
This comprehensive immersion showcases four distinctly different national parks: Hwange, Matusadona, Mosi-oa-Tunya (Victoria Falls), and either Mana Pools or Chobe, depending on the route you've chosen. Together, the parks showcase a tremendous diversity of wildlife, habitats and dramatic landscapes.
- Travel with Just 16 Guests
A small group is essential to the best safari experience, allowing us to get closer to wildlife without disturbing it and enhancing a sense of isolation in the wilderness. With no more than 16 guests aboard the riverboat, we further limit our impact by dividing into two smaller groups for most safari activities.
- Chartered Flights Maximize Your Time on Safari
Traveling between safari locations by chartered light aircraft, rather than long, dusty drives over rough dirt roads, allows us to spend more time watching wildlife on safari, rather than in transit, while enjoying scenic aerial views.
- Stay in Seclusion at Deluxe Camps on Private Concessions
We stay on private concessions within or adjacent to national parks wherever possible, where visitor density is very low. From intimate safari camps in secluded environs, we feel alone in the wilderness amidst an abundance of wildlife. Yet despite such isolation, surprising luxuries await—you'll lack for no comfort.
- Travel with the World's Finest Naturalist Guides
Our guests enjoy the personalized service of some of the best-trained, most experienced naturalist guides in all of Africa—a Nat Hab hallmark. Your Nat Hab Expedition Leader will accompany your group from start to finish, ensuring a superior safari experience. Our guides average 15 years' experience, with additional training and resources provided by WWF scientists. Our philosophy on this is simple: an African safari is only as good as the guide, so we provide the very best! See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Safari Experience
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!