- Four Renowned Safari DestinationsExplore four of Africa’s top wildlife-viewing spots on one inclusive itinerary: the Serengeti, Maasai Mara, Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Ngorongoro Crater
- An Itinerary Designed Around the MigrationOur route is adjusted seasonally to witness the thrilling phenomenon of hundreds of thousands of wildebeest and zebra traversing the savanna
- Exclusive Camps on Private ReservesEnjoy classic safari ambience and refined service at our luxury camps in remote locales, including private conservancies far from crowds
Highlight 1 title
Highlight 1 description
Highlight 2 title
Highlight 2 description
Highlight 3 title
Highlight 3 description
Our Pride of East Africa Safari Stands Heads Above the Rest!
- A Rare Secluded Experience, Away from Crowds
There’s no question East Africa draws a lot of safari travelers. The abundant wildlife in the famous national parks of Kenya and Tanzania makes them duly popular destinations. That’s why we concentrate on private reserves where visitor numbers are strictly limited. We know you don't want to come all the way to East Africa to see a lion surrounded by 15 or 20 other safari vehicles. On the exclusive private conservancies we focus on, we'll be mostly alone with the animals.
- An Itinerary Designed Around the Migration
Many companies operate the same standard “migration safari" circuit year-round, with no concern to time specific locations with the arrival of the herds. We focus on the best time to see the animals, then build our itineraries and dates around that, attempting to time our presence for peak viewing. An integral feature is our mobile base camps, strategically positioned for proximity to where wildlife is most prolific at that season.
- Exclusive Safari Activities on Private Reserves
Most safaris stay within the main areas of the most popular national parks and reserves. In contrast, we choose remote small safari camps on private conservancies within the Maasai Mara and Serengeti ecosystems, away from big lodges and roads filled with vehicles. From these adjacent reserves, we have easy access to more remote sectors of the parks while also enjoying special privileges not allowed within their bounds, such as guided safari walks, off-road driving and night drives in search of nocturnal wildlife.
- Meet the World's Last Two White Rhinos & Witness Conservation in Action
Located on the Laikipia Plateau in the shadow of Mount Kenya, Ol Pejeta is a working cattle ranch, which first set aside land for rhino conservation in 1988. Today this 90,000-acre preserve is the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa and home to Earth's last two northern white rhinos. Visit this pair of females with their guards, and learn about groundbreaking science that's being done to save their species.
- Coveted Early Morning Access to Ngorongoro Crater
We've designed our itinerary to make sure we are at the gate to enter Ngorongoro Crater the moment the reserve opens early in the morning. Our timing ensures a full day on safari in the crater, with an early arrival to beat the crowds. With expedited access to wildlife viewing on the crater floor early in the morning, we'll be there when many animals are most active.
- Small Groups Mean Better Wildlife Encounters
We travel with a maximum
of12 guests. Many East African safaris take groups of 20 or more, packed into cramped mini-buses. Small groups mean we get closer to the herds, have better photo opportunities, and our experience is enriched by personalized interpretation from our Expedition Leaders as we watch the wildlife action side by side.
- Maximize Comfort & Time with Internal Flights
Many safari companies transport you to and from the bush by vehicle—meaning long, dusty drives over rough roads. We’ve included flights wherever possible, maximizing time for what you have come to East Africa
for:wildlife viewing on safari.
- Count on a Window Seat & Plenty of Space in Our Chartered Vehicles
We limit the number in each safari vehicle to maximize comfort, and every traveler has a window seat for unimpeded views and photography—this is not the case with every safari operator.
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet. In Kenya and Tanzania, our own Expedition Leaders are with our groups from beginning to end. They are among the most highly trained guides in Africa, averaging more than 15 years' guiding experience and dedicated to sharing exceptional knowledge and highly personalized service. Their training is further enhanced with resources from WWF’s top scientists. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Safari Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!