Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- An Itinerary Designed Around the MigrationOur route is adjusted seasonally to ensure proximity to the herds, maximizing the opportunity to witness Africa’s most dramatic wildlife phenomenon
- Private Serengeti Mobile Camp Far from CrowdsEnjoy unparalleled seclusion, comfort and vintage safari atmosphere at Nat Hab's own Migration Base Camp, placed near the migration route
- Two Descents into Ngorongoro CraterFrom our luxury tented camp on the rim, gain the closest access to the crater floor, facilitating an early arrival for optimal wildlife viewing
Compare Migration Safaris…Here’s Why Ours is Better!
- An Itinerary Designed for Optimal Migration Viewing
Many companies operate the same cookie-cutter “migration” tour year-round, driving the entire northern circuit of Tanzania with no concern to be in a particular place at a time that jibes with the arrival of the herds. We focus on the best time to see the animals, then build our safari itinerary and dates around that, attempting to time our presence for peak viewing. What's more, we spend three full days amid the migration, for optimal photo prospects.
- We're Involved from Beginning to End
We construct every component of your safari, then ensure that you are personally guided from start to finish by a highly trained Nat Hab Safari Expedition Leader, so you can have the utmost confidence in the quality and safety of our operations. Our oversight is meticulous, because our reputation depends on your safari’s success.
- Fly from Arusha to the Serengeti
Many companies drive you both ways to and from the Serengeti from Arusha. We fly you in to maximize time for what you’ve come to Africa for: watching wildlife on safari!
- Our Private Mobile Migration Camp Gets You Close to the Herds
Rather than using crowded lodges where vehicles depart each morning in large numbers, often surrounding the same animals all at once, we insist on the smallest luxury bush camps located in isolated places where wildlife is prolific. In particular, our own private Migration Base Camp allows us flexibility to pursue wildlife where concentrations are greatest, rather than utilizing larger accommodations that are nowhere near the migration.
- Stay Closest to the Crater Floor in Ngorongoro
At the Ngorongoro Crater, we stay at a remote luxury camp that is inside both park gates and closer to the crater floor than other accommodations. This proximity allows expedited access to wildlife viewing in the crater early in the morning, when many animals are most active. With us, you’ll beat the crowds!
- Small Groups for Intimate Wildlife Encounters
A small group is essential for optimal wildlife viewing and photography. We generally have the smallest group sizes in the safari industry. We take a maximum of 12 on this trip, divided into multiple vehicles within radio contact to track the migration. Small groups mean we get closer to the herds, get better photos, and enjoy more personalized interaction with our Expedition Leader and local trackers and guides.
- A Window Seat for Every Traveler
Every guest is guaranteed a window seat. We know how important unimpeded views are when you've come all this way to see and photograph the migration. That's why we split our group into separate top-of-the-line 4x4 safari vehicles, so no one is stuck in a middle seat. With just six guests per vehicle (and only four on photo trips), each traveler gets an open side view with plenty of room for your personal belongings and photography equipment.
- Extra Luggage Allowance
Most airlines and safari companies in East Africa strictly limit luggage to 33 pounds per guest, including carryon bags, with even the highest priced trips typically having this limitation. We have arranged a special luggage allowance of 44 pounds per guest, making it easier to travel comfortably without leaving behind essential items you need. And on our photo safaris, we've reserved extra seating to allow 60 pounds of luggage per guest, allowing you to take all your camera equipment comfortably. This makes a big difference!
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalist guides on the planet! In Tanzania, rather relying only on less-qualified local camp guides, our own Safari Expedition Leaders are the most highly trained guides in Africa, renowned for providing exceptional service. And our photo safaris are led by guides who are also photography pros, adept at coaching photographers of all skill levels. With you from beginning to end, our Expedition Leaders average approximately 15 years' guiding experience. Their training is further enhanced by the resources of WWF’s premier scientists. See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Safari Experience
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!