Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
Click here to learn about our special photo departures.
- Botswana's Best Wildlife ViewingYou won't find a higher-quality, more in-depth safari to Africa’s most exclusive nature reserves, designed for maximum close-up wildlife encounters
- The Most Intimate Luxury CampsExclusive small camps on remote private reserves offer unsurpassed comfort, seclusion and astounding proximity to wildlife, often on view from our tents
- Outstanding Safari Expedition LeadersLed by top guides, follow rhinos on foot, meet a predator researcher, and capture stunning wildlife images, including big cats and huge elephant herds
There Are Important Differences in Botswana Safaris
- You Won't Find a Smaller Group—Just 7 or 8 Guests!
The best African safari can't happen in crowded conditions. We take a maximum of just seven guests on regular departures—and eight guests, divided into two vehicles for game drives, on photo departures. An exceptionally small group ensures a highly personalized safari experience, allowing us to stay at very small camps that offer truly intimate wildlife encounters.
- A "Window" Seat for Every Guest
Our private safari vehicles have open sides, with no glass to impede your view. Though vehicles have 10 cushioned passenger seats—one in front next to the driver, followed by three rows of three seats each—we limit our capacity to just seven travelers on wildlife drives (and only four travelers per vehicle on photo departures), ensuring clear viewing—no one stuck in a middle seat—maximum comfort, easy photography access and plenty of room for your gear.
- The Optimal Botswana Safari Itinerary
Our itineraries have been meticulously designed in conjunction with World Wildlife Fund to provide a secluded experience of Botswana's prolific wildlife, where animal numbers are highest and tourist crowds non-existent. We have years of experience running the best safaris in Botswana, and we continually tweak our itineraries to ensure that the experience we offer is second to none.
- Stay in Seclusion on Private Reserves
We stay on exclusive private reserves, offering an isolated setting and activities off-limits in the national parks, such as night drives and guided walking excursions that allow a rare chance to explore the intricacies of the bush on foot. Our secluded camps in Linyanti and Moremi provide outstanding proximity to wildlife, with close-up photo opportunities and the chance to shoot at sunset when the light is best (groups staying inside the national parks must be back at camp by sunset due to park regulations).
- Intimate Camps Facilitate Close-Up Wildlife Encounters
Our very small luxury safari camps maximize quiet encounters with Botswana’s prolific wildlife at close range. With just four or five
tentseach, their discreet presence enhances the likelihood that wildlife will wander through camp. Individual verandas provide guests a private view on the African wild, with photography possibilities right out the door of your tent. And within the privately owned Santawani Concession, Gomoti Tented Camp is for our group alone.
- Doors-Off Helicopter Flight on Photo Departures
Anyone who's had an aerial view on an African safari will tell you there's nothing like photographing wildlife from on high. So we've included an exciting helicopter flight on our photo departures. Capture wildlife on the move as you soar over the Gomoti River, a year-round lifeline for animals, and the Okavango Delta—one of the richest wildlife enclaves in all of Africa. With the doors off, there's nothing to impede your view!
- Air Transfers Maximize Your Time on Safari
Light aircraft flights between safari locations, rather than long, dusty drives over rough dirt roads, allow us to spend more time scouting for wildlife on safari, instead of enduring uncomfortable conditions in transit.
- The World's Finest Naturalist Guides
Our guests enjoy the personalized service of some of the Africa's top naturalist guides—a Nat Hab hallmark. Your NHA Safari Expedition Leader accompanies your group from start to finish, ensuring a seamless experience. Rather than using less-qualified local camp guides at each location, you benefit from our Expedition Leaders' expertise—they are the most highly trained guides in Africa, averaging 15 years' experience, with additional resources provided by WWF’s top scientists. Our philosophy on this is simple: an African safari is only as good as the guide, so we must provide the very best! See Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Botswana Safari
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!