About Custom Southern Africa Safaris with Nat HabIf time constraints—or your travel style—prevent you from fitting into one of our scheduled Africa journeys, consider a Private Custom Safari. With more than three decades of experience in safari service, we are exceptionally well qualified to craft personalized itineraries. We know Africa! With our professional assistance, you and your chosen traveling companions can select your dates, safari activities and accommodations from our carefully chosen collection of small luxury safari camps—you won't find large, impersonal lodges in our portfolio! The camps we offer are placed in the most remote locales in close proximity to wildlife, providing our guests with a classic African safari experience reminiscent of days gone by.
- Maximize Great Wildlife ViewingSpend your time on private wildlife reserves that offer seclusion, no crowds, varied habitats, and diverse activities... all of which equals better wildlife viewing!
- Enjoy Exclusive Family LodgingsExplore both interior and coastal wildlife regions, and return to exclusive private accommodations including the option of luxury villas just for your family
- Easy & Safe Safari OpportunitiesTravel safely with children of all ages in exciting safari areas that are malaria-free, so you can put your mind at ease and just enjoy your vacation
Why Choose Us for Your Family’s Custom South African Wildlife Adventure?
- Well-Rounded & Diverse Wildlife Experience
Rather than sticking to high-traffic safari areas, this itinerary combines two distinct regions—the semi-arid Great Karoo and the rolling hills of the Eastern Cape—to offer you an adventure teeming with varied wildlife viewing opportunities. Cheetah, rhino, aardvark and unique species like the black wildebeest and the endangered Cape mountain zebra roam the Great Karoo. In the Eastern Cape, you can see all of the Big Five, including lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino.
- Unparalleled Exclusivity on Private Reserves
This adventure enables families to experience two premier, privately owned and managed wildlife reserves. Malaria-free camps and lodges offer exceptional seclusion without compromising on wildlife—you will still observe the Big Five, experience some of the best cheetah and rhinoceros viewing in South Africa and take part in activities including guided nature walks and night drives that aren’t allowed in public reserves. With very few beds, there are an average 1200-1850 acres per guest!
- Experience Cape Town Nat Hab Style
Rather than treating Cape Town like a city destination, we include family-friendly activities that focus on wildlife, nature and history while offering something for every age group. In Cape Town we have our own pre-selected local NHA guides who will enhance your exploration of the Cape by bringing the its rich history and ecology to life and sharing their personal and specialized knowledge regarding a range of topics that includes marine biology, history, culture and more.
- Increased Comfort with Option for Fully Private Accommodations
We are able to offer a fully private option for groups of four to eight guests at a very affordable price point. Private accommodations feature private vehicles and naturalist guides to cater to your needs. Exclusive small lodges designed for private family travel allow children of all ages to participate in every aspect of the journey and can meet their specific needs and routines with ease. Of course, neighboring lodges can accommodate smaller or larger groups on a non-private/non-exclusive basis.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures Your Superior Safari Experience
When you travel with Natural Habitat, you receive our exclusive guarantee, clearly stating that we will meet the lofty expectations we set in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!