Our COVID-19 Response
- We’re further reducing group sizes
- Now even fewer guests per vehicle
- Travel even further from the crowds
- Enhanced sanitation protocols
- Additional social distancing throughout
- Revised booking/cancellation policies
- More options to make your trip private
- Reduced single supplement fees
- Where Wildlife ReignsTraverse Botswana's diverse habitats as we explore the most remote, wildlife-rich reaches of the Okavango Delta and Kalahari Desert
- Authentic, Intimate CampsExperience rustic bush luxury and African hospitality at our small, secluded safari camps surrounded by untouched wilderness
- The Finest Safari GuidesOn private reserves with a premier safari guide, thrill to close encounters with charismatic predators, huge elephant herds and more
What's So Distinctive About this Botswana Safari?
This exclusive adventure in some of Africa's last true wilderness is not your standard safari. We deliver a remote nature experience focused on close-up wildlife
sightings in an intimate context—you're likely to see animals roaming right on the edge of our classic tented camps! Here's what makes this safari stand out:
- A Compact Itinerary Designed for Variety
Our itinerary is carefully crafted to showcase varied wildlife habitats over just nine days. From the flooded marshlands of the Okavango Delta with its lions, leopards and elephants to the semi-arid savanna of the Kalahari Desert teeming with zebra and wildebeest, you'll find some of wild Africa's most impressive animal encounters.
- Travel with Two Outstanding Guides
Traveling with two highly qualified guides—our own Nat Hab Expedition Leader who's with you from start to finish, plus an excellent local naturalist guide at each camp—we're able to divide our group into two vehicles for a quieter, low-impact presence while ensuring you get in-depth interpretation every moment you're out on safari.
- Private Reserves Get You "Out There"
Enjoy the advantages of remote locales and exclusive activities. Avoiding more heavily visited national parks, we concentrate on uncrowded private reserves. Our intimate tented camps are located in isolated settings amid abundant wildlife, which we encounter not only on traditional game drives, but also on guided bush walks and night drives in search of nocturnal creatures—activities not allowed in the national parks.
- An Open "Window" Seat for Everyone
You'll have an unimpeded view no matter where you sit in our chartered top-quality safari vehicles. They have open sides (no glass to interfere with your view) and nine cushioned passenger seats—one in front next to the driver, followed by two rows of three seats each and a pair of seats at the back. On wildlife drives, we limit our capacity to no more than seven travelers in each vehicle for maximum comfort, viewing and photo opportunities.
- The World's Finest Safari Guides
Natural Habitat Adventures is known worldwide for employing the finest naturalists on the planet! Our Botswana Explorer Safari includes your own private Expedition Leader, ranked among the most highly trained guides in Africa and renowned for providing exceptional service. Our Safari Expedition Leaders average 15 years of guiding experience, with additional training support provided from WWF’s leading scientists. See Expedition Leader bios with traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- A Maximum of 13 Travelers
A small group is essential for an authentic safari experience. With a maximum of just 13 guests plus our Expedition Leader and local guide—always divided into two vehicles—you'll have a sense of being totally secluded in nature.
- We Stand By Your Safari with Our Quality-Value Guarantee
Natural Habitat Adventures offers an exclusive guarantee, which states that we promise to meet the lofty expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise.
- Feel Good About Your Carbon-Neutral Journey
We care deeply about our planet, as we know you do. When you travel with us, the carbon emissions from your trip are 100% offset—including your round-trip flights from home. Natural Habitat Adventures has been the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company since 2007.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF's Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our adventures, World Wildlife Fund—the world's leading environmental conservation organization—has named Natural Habitat Adventures as its worldwide travel partner, a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!